cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

January is coming, what else can I do to be ready for Amex BCE?

tag
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

January is coming, what else can I do to be ready for Amex BCE?

I have 8% util and bal is reporting on 1 card only.

I got Amex Green in October and ran about 1k a month and PIF before statement cut.

I'm thinking about apping in Jan for 01/12 backdating.

Score is in sig, I don't know my EQ. The Fico EX is 697 (09/12 Amex LP (55% util at the time, I'm at 8% now).

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: January is coming, what else can I do to be ready for Amex BCE?

@armbenderc wrote:

I got Amex Green in October and ran about 1k a month and PIF before statement cut.

Score is in sig, I don't know my EQ. The Fico EX is 697 (09/12 Amex LP (55% util at the time, I'm at 8% now).

Why are you paying before the statement cuts? It's a "Charge Card" and only some older versions of TU scoring mess that up sometimes... If you pay before the statement ALWAYS other creditors will never see that you actually use the card.

Message 2 of 35
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@armbenderc wrote:

Why are you paying before the statement cuts? It's a "Charge Card" and only some older versions of TU scoring mess that up sometimes... If you pay before the statement ALWAYS other creditors will never see that you actually use the card.

Not exactly sure why I PIF before statement cut on charge card, just habit I guess, lol Smiley Very Happy

I did call Amex one time and wanting to charge something  for around 1k (I thought it was a large and unusual spending, it was furniture), the rep laugh and said I could charge 10 time more that amount. She was thanking me for calling and will note on my account, whatever that means..

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

Message 3 of 35
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@armbenderc wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@armbenderc wrote:

Not exactly sure why I PIF before statement cut on charge card, just habit I guess, lol Smiley Very Happy

I did call Amex one time and wanting to charge something  for around 1k (I thought it was a large and unusual spending, it was furniture), the rep laugh and said I could charge 10 time more that amount. She was thanking me for calling and will note on my account, whatever that means..

I was in the habit of "other" banks and traveling to ALWAYS call and tell them where I was going, Cities I would be in (layovers) and dates... I did this about 3 months in a row with Gold Business Charge and finally this nice rep was like "thank you for calling in and all but REALLY you don't have to waste the time, we are not like other banks! (That was for sure!) and actually before this guy told me they use to say okay how much do you think you will be spending, I was usually between $10-$15k... but one time I was planning on Southwest (chase) being my travel card that month so I called in and credit line was $15,900 and I told htem I would be traveling and expected my spending to be between $10-$12k and at my very FIRST stop I tried to run $8kish and it literally took me and the cashier 40 minutes (yes 40 minutes AT THE REGISTER to get the charge approved... 20 of those minutes was me answering security questions that dated back to my teen years I swear!! it was insane and something I never did again Smiley Tongue

(sorry for long thread jack) but I like the "rep laughed at me" I like it when I get laughed at for something like that! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 35
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@armbenderc wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@armbenderc wrote:

I was in the habit of "other" banks and traveling to ALWAYS call and tell them where I was going, Cities I would be in (layovers) and dates... I did this about 3 months in a row with Gold Business Charge and finally this nice rep was like "thank you for calling in and all but REALLY you don't have to waste the time, we are not like other banks! (That was for sure!) and actually before this guy told me they use to say okay how much do you think you will be spending, I was usually between $10-$15k... but one time I was planning on Southwest (chase) being my travel card that month so I called in and credit line was $15,900 and I told htem I would be traveling and expected my spending to be between $10-$12k and at my very FIRST stop I tried to run $8kish and it literally took me and the cashier 40 minutes (yes 40 minutes AT THE REGISTER to get the charge approved... 20 of those minutes was me answering security questions that dated back to my teen years I swear!! it was insane and something I never did again Smiley Tongue

(sorry for long thread jack) but I like the "rep laughed at me" I like it when I get laughed at for something like that! Smiley Happy

Funny you mentioned that... It happened to me with Citi credit card. I was purchasing a catback exhaust for my 370z couple years ago... it was embarassing.. they ask question that I don't even remember. It literally made me look like someone that trying to ran up credit card... calling it to get approve... never gain. Now I charge $5-10 at food place and pif that's it.. it won't see anymore action.... sorry citi.

Edit: what chance do you think I have getting BCE?

Message 5 of 35
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@armbenderc wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@armbenderc wrote:

I say go for it! you already have amex and it won't pull if not approved.

Message 6 of 35
drkaje
Senior Contributor

My BCP turns one in Jan!

It's been a pretty great card.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 35
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@armbenderc wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@armbenderc wrote:

I say go for it! you already have amex and it won't pull if not approved.

Well, I'm waiting till January, so I can get backdated to 1/12 Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 35
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Waiting until Jan makes sense!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 35
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

Waiting until Jan makes sense!

Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.