Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jared & kay's Credit Card Question

tag
remarc
Regular Contributor

Jared & kay's Credit Card Question

Finally both these cards reported. I got two because i orginally applied for Kays, was ment to apply for Jareds. In the end i was approved for both for $5100. Today they both report with a CL of $2550 . Its helping my UTI as it droped by 13% , however do i really need both? I think $5100 would look better on my report that $2550 on two cards.. I currently have 12 cards and im looking to close some as i feel I have too many cards and in the next 6 months i wish to join a Credit Union and trade my car out for another. 

Show i close the Kays card? 

What do you guys think? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Jared & kay's Credit Card Question

Kay and Jared both are managed by Sterling. They will approve you for both cards, but will split the credit line between them. If you shop at one more than the other, then I would recommend calling customer service and seeing if you can close one of the cards and have the CL transferred to the other. I agree that I would rather see one $5100 CL reporting than two $2550 CLs. This is just my opinion, of course.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 2 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Tinu beat me to it.

        
Message 3 of 6
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@remarc wrote:

Finally both these cards reported. I got two because i orginally applied for Kays, was ment to apply for Jareds. In the end i was approved for both for $5100. Today they both report with a CL of $2550 . Its helping my UTI as it droped by 13% , however do i really need both? I think $5100 would look better on my report that $2550 on two cards.. I currently have 12 cards and im looking to close some as i feel I have too many cards and in the next 6 months i wish to join a Credit Union and trade my car out for another. 

Show i close the Kays card? 

What do you guys think? 

I say close one card and show one TL with a higher CL. But call them to ensure if youdo this that they will report the total TL of 5100

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 4 of 6
remarc
Regular Contributor

Thats what i was thinking.. they originally approved me for Kays with $5100 . then when i realized like a numpty it was the wrong one i applied for Jareds.. then they approved me for that .. 

I really want the $5100 trade line. Its shows $5100 on both accounts and and when i call them that its my Credit Limit.

Message 5 of 6
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

I am not sure they will keep1 account and transfer the other line to just 1 account 5100$ line.

If i was me i will keep both credit cards because they have a good potential to become both 5k limit in around 3-6 month

Commenity bank did that for me,both cards i have are backd by commenity and both cl increase from 1200$-5.2k and 1200$-3700$ in 4 months

U see it makes a little sense to keep them both but thats my opinion and wish you good luckSmiley Happy

COMMERCE BANK PLATINIUM VISA 20K*PAYPAL MC $9.5K*CITI FORWARD $8.5K*PENFED $6,5K*
*LOWES $6K *CMN BANK $5.2K-*PNC $5K*SCLUB DISC. $5K*
WMART DISC.4K*CMN BANK 3.75K*BANK OF AMERICA $3K* MACYS $2.2K*
JCP $1.8*TARGET $0.7K* UTL1%- AAOA 5.5- TOTAL 12 yrs History/
Transunion 718 Equifax 733- Experian 736
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.