Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JcPenney's

tag
adamseve
Established Contributor

Re: JcPenney's

shyboy wrote:
congratulations on your new card and great CL. I like yourself also have a jc penny card. When i was approved for mine, they gave me a CL of 300 and then 6 months later then bumped it up to 1500.

Their rule to asking for a CLI is to wait 3 months with the limit they gave you, make your payment on time, dont go over your CL and after 3 months they will increase your CL.

I just got my JC Penney card with a $500 CL.  Called a few days later and asked the nice rep for $500 increase.  She just hit her little button and gave it to me.  Don't know why I was so special, but she did it.

When i got my card 300CL i asked for a CLI after 2 months of having the card but was decline cause of the limited i was with them. On the 6 month of having the account, i call to ask for a CL and they bump me to 1500.

One of the representative told me this information.

I always like to call them to ask for a CLI instead of pressing the bottom

Hopes this helps

Message Edited by shyboy on 07-28-2008 07:06 PM

Message Edited by adamseve on 07-28-2008 08:41 PM
Message 11 of 25
nmorton79
Regular Contributor

Hi all...

I would like to know if you dont mind sharing, what were your scores when you applied, and which credit report did JCP pull?  Thanx in advance for the input!!!Smiley Happy
Live~Laugh~Love

Starting Score: EQ 401, TU430
Current Score: EQ 501, TU 500
Goal Score: 700+ across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Live~Laugh~Love
Message 12 of 25
adamseve
Established Contributor

nmorton79 wrote:
Hi all...

I would like to know if you dont mind sharing, what were your scores when you applied, and which credit report did JCP pull?  Thanx in advance for the input!!!Smiley Happy

EQ; 511; South Carolina
Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nmorton79 wrote:
Hi all...
I would like to know if you dont mind sharing, what were your scores when you applied, and which credit report did JCP pull? Thanx in advance for the input!!!Smiley Happy

I'm sorry I can't help you. I got the card over 2 years ago and I was pretty ignorant when it came to credit scores or applying for credit back then. I think I had a student loan that was either late or delinquent and I was still approved. (That has since been reconsolidated and is reporting in good standing)

You should go to whogavemecredit.com. You can search what people were approved and denied for by score, by creditor or by state. Some people are even nice enough to add details of their credit reports and why they were approved and denied. I hope that helps.

Message Edited by Givemesomecredit on 07-28-2008 10:50 PM
Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ 688 MA
Message 15 of 25
nmorton79
Regular Contributor

Hi adamseve...

Did you apply on line or in the store, if you don't mind me askin'?
Live~Laugh~Love

Starting Score: EQ 401, TU430
Current Score: EQ 501, TU 500
Goal Score: 700+ across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Live~Laugh~Love
Message 16 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I love JCPenney's. I have their card but I want my sister to apply. (She's always using my card for the discounts they frequently give cardmembers ) I think she's afraid of being denied in front of an audience. Thanks for sharing and enjoy the card. If you are good to them, they will be good to you. Smiley Happy

UPDATE: So I finally got my sister to pull the trigger. She has a bankruptcy that's not due to fall off for another 2 years. They approved her with a $600 cl. She was shocked and bought some clothes for cheap. (They are having amazing sales this weekend!!!!)

I'm so happy for her. It's the first step she's taken towards rebuilding her credit. Hopefully she will be able to get an unsecured credit card in a year or two after having some good payment history. I never would have encouraged her if it wasn't for the information I've learned here. Thanks. Smiley Happy
Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I am new to the forums. Had a question about Penney's if you apply on line and it says that you will have a decision in 7-10 days is that a denial? Or do they have to check other things about my credit? Thanks

Message Edited by HVF on 08-09-2008 04:03 AM
Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone,
    I'm new here but I had to tell you that the secret to getting a JC Penney card is always going to the store to apply. I was denied several times online when I called in to inqure I was told that I should apply in store and I got a $300 cl. My scores were awful EX 580 EQ 592 TU 569. Now up to $1500.
Message 19 of 25
wmarat
Valued Contributor

I do not like GEMB cards.

DW likes to shop at JCP and spends nicely over there, but I have not had able to get CLI since 11/07, so it looks like I gonna sockdrawer this card for very long time.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.