Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JetBlue Plus holiday offers - 100k points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: JetBlue 100k TrueBlue point offers

Gotcha.

Looking at randomguy's post above, it appears the offer isn't necessarily targeted, as going to that link suggests anyone may be able to apply for it.

Message 11 of 22
wasCB14
Super Contributor

This is a public offer and has been around since October. I applied and got the card in early November.

It did go pending and I had to reallocate some CL from my Arrival.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 12 of 22
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Gotcha.

Looking at randomguy's post above, it appears the offer isn't necessarily targeted, as going to that link suggests anyone may be able to apply for it.

I got the JetBlue offer by email but I'm pretty sure it's just marketing. The Barclays offer I pulled right off Barclay's website without clicking from an affliate link so it is 100% public.

Message 13 of 22
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@randomguy1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Gotcha.

I got the JetBlue offer by email but I'm pretty sure it's just marketing. The Barclays offer I pulled right off Barclay's website without clicking from an affliate link so it is 100% public.

When I went to their site and looked for business cards, the offer was only 60k points.

Only with the link in the email was I able to get the 100k offer on the business card.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 14 of 22
Repairman
Established Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

I am NOT a Barclays fan, but I am a JetBlue fan, and just received offers which are far better than anything I've ever seen before, on both their personal and business cards : a 100k TrueBlue points offer, with not that much spend needed to earn it.

I value JetBlue points at this time at 1.2 cents each, so to me the offer is worth $1200.

I agree with everything you said. I, also, am not the biggest fan of Barclay but am a major fan of jetBlue. I did a post a couple days ago, about this offer. I also received the targeted offer but by postal mail, a week ago, and took the plunge a couple days ago and went for it. I never had a relationship with Barclay before, but am a longtime TruBlue member and many years ago had the AMEX version of their card.

As someone else stated, they do show the offer on their website, to the public, however, that doesn't negate, imo, the significance of a targeted offer, as my offer came with a unique offer code and website, expiration date, and turns out was already linked to my TrueBlue number. I went to the website it linked to and entered my code and it auto-populated all my info, including my TrueBlue number and I was instantly approved for the card with an $8000cl. The whole process took just a couple of minutes. It was by far the fastest cc application and approval I have ever had.

If your email offer is the same, and gives you a code, I would say definitely go for it!

Message 15 of 22
Repairman
Established Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@randomguy1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Gotcha.

When I went to their site and looked for business cards, the offer was only 60k points.

Only with the link in the email was I able to get the 100k offer on the business card.

fyi, when I 1st got my offer in the mail I saw people on this board saying it was a public offer and I went to their website and also saw a lesser offer there, for the personal card...not what others had seen. A couple days later, I checked again, and was able to see the 100,000 offer.

Message 16 of 22
Repairman
Established Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sounds pretty solid!  I'm assuming this was a targeted offer?  Was it via email, snail mail?  Do you have Barclay accounts now, or have you in the past?  What is the spend requirement?

Yes it was by email.

I had Barclays accounts in the past.

I'm sure I'm targeted because I'm an active TrueBlue member. 

The spend requirement:

50k points after spending $1k in 90 days, additional 50k points if total spend is $6k within first 12 months

Personal card offer specified that annual fee also had to be paid within the first 90 days. Business card offer didn't specify

Funny thing is I received the email offer today (over a week after I got the postal mail offer and days after I applied and was approved). The email offer is definitely different from the mail offer I got as it doesn't have any unique codes or links.

Message 17 of 22
Repairman
Established Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

This is a public offer and has been around since October. I applied and got the card in early November.

Question about the offer: I know you have to pay the AF in full, along with the $1000 spend within the 1st 90 days, but how do you make the payment and have it apply to the AF? Is it just you have to spend $1099 or is there a separate way you have to notify them that you want to pay the AF? 

Message 18 of 22
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Repairman wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

Question about the offer: I know you have to pay the AF in full, along with the $1000 spend within the 1st 90 days, but how do you make the payment and have it apply to the AF? Is it just you have to spend $1099 or is there a separate way you have to notify them that you want to pay the AF? 

My first statement hasn't quite closed, but the annual fee has posted. There's no intro 0% promo, so I just will PIF all charges from the first statement...my purchases plus the $99 AF.

I'll be paying the statement in full after it has closed, so there's no ambiguity about how the payment will be applied. I don't see anything unusual about the card that would make it more complicated than other AF cards.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 19 of 22
Repairman
Established Contributor

Anyone received JetBlue Plus Card 100k points Yet?

As many of us know, Barclays JetBlue Plus Card had a fanastic 100,000pt SUB this past Holliday Season. Has anyone here gotten the card and actually received the full 100k points posted to their account yet? I'm wondering how long it took. 

I, myself, have the card, and have completed the spend obligations. I received the 1st 50k pts as soon as the statement cut from which I reached that financial obligation, however, after my last statement cut where I completed the total spend, no bonus points have posted as of yet. I did notice in the terms and conditions, the time frame they give for the 2nd posting is longer than the timeframe given for the 1st. But whereas it says the 1st set of points could take 3 - 4 weeks, I received mine in a day. Anyone received the full 100k and care to share the timing of the posting? Thanks.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.