Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

John Deere Card Closed

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

John Deere Card Closed

Since i live in a mostly rural area this card and account was going to be really useful for me so a little over year ago i applied and was approved with a $5K SL. Couldn't really sneeze at that since it was after all an approval (plus a HTL) but the line fell far short of the expectations intended and has only seen some occasional use since.

My TU scores (they pulled TU on  me) back then were in the 668 or so range. Over the weekend there were some posts in approvals of up to $15K with one at only a 660 FICO score and so got me thinking since it's a HTL anyway why not close this account out now and come back after it again this summer.

Since i don't intend to add any new cards this year (unless a frenzy breaks out) it wouldn't show up anyway so i closed it yesterday and looking forward to hopefully a much better SL the next time.

There are plenty of John Deere locations around and i do like the financing and all but think i stand a much better chance for a more useful limit next time since my scores across the board are so much higher these days.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: John Deere Card Closed

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Since i live in a mostly rural area this card and account was going to be really useful for me so a little over year ago i applied and was approved with a $5K SL. Couldn't really sneeze at that since it was after all an approval (plus a HTL) but the line fell far short of the expectations intended and has only seen some occasional use since.

My TU scores (they pulled TU on  me) back then were in the 668 or so range. Over the weekend there were some posts in approvals of up to $15K with one at only a 660 FICO score and so got me thinking since it's a HTL anyway why not close this account out now and come back after it again this summer.

Since i don't intend to add any new cards this year (unless a frenzy breaks out) it wouldn't show up anyway so i closed it yesterday and looking forward to hopefully a much better SL the next time.

There are plenty of John Deere locations around and i do like the financing and all but think i stand a much better chance for a more useful limit next time since my scores across the board are so much higher these days.

You're confusing the citified folks on here...You know you're country when you see a Deere store, and say, "Let's stop."

Message 2 of 13
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

You're confusing the citified folks on here...You know you're country when you see a Deere store, and say, "Let's stop."

"Oh look at all those pretty green new tractors"  Smiley Very Happy

Their rural inventory carry some heavyweight attraction and equally heavy prices.

Gators are low on their totem pole LoL

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

She thinks my tractor's paid for, it turns her on?
Message 4 of 13
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

"Oh look at all those pretty green new tractors"  Smiley Very Happy

Their rural inventory carry some heavyweight attraction and equally heavy prices.

Gators are low on their totem pole LoL

Yeah, I was "special" drove a '42 Ford tractor before the age of 13, then a 3 speed on the column before I was 15. Miss living in the boonies.

Ex tolerated my need to stop at A+M in Valpo every time we passed. Bigger dealer in Demotte, and I was like a kid in a candy store.

Message 5 of 13
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hate some of the newer country singers...

The way they're building the newer combines, it's better than the average car now. I could deal with that. GPS tracking for field work. I'm in. I'd love to retire to that scenario.

Message 6 of 13
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hate some of the newer country singers...

The way they're building the newer combines, it's better than the average car now. I could deal with that. GPS tracking for field work. I'm in. I'd love to retire to that scenario.

Oh man, they are the cadillac of the landscape anymore.

Fully equipped with more comforts and conveniences than ever.

Farm work in those babies is quite the experience. Satellite TV etc.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, I laughed all the way through this thread. Love it!Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 13
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Here ya go then. Vrrrrroooooooooommmmm!! Smiley Very Happy

33ee.png

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Here ya go then. Vrrrrroooooooooommmmm!! Smiley Very Happy

33ee.png

Sexy!!  Hope you can field better results when you apply around harvest time!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.