Joined PenFed yesterday!!

tag
LesWH
Established Contributor

Re: Joined PenFed yesterday!!

@Ron1 wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

@ricefed wrote:
Do they hard pull for membership? If so who day they pull and do the use the same pull for a credit app if done within the same day? Debating if I should join now or next month. I'm already a member of voices for our troops.

yes they HP Equifax for membership and they use the same HP for the next 90 days.

I didn't know they used the same HP for membership and credit card.  She asked me for permission to pull credit report for credit card.  They might pull twice. 

Ron.

Yes, they use the same HP.  I applied for the card during the same session that I joined.  I only have the 1 HP on my Equifax report.  During my conversation with the CSR this morning she told me that if I wanted to refinance my vehicle that there would be no additional pull and that the membership pull was good for 90 days.  I really wanted the 5% back on gas because I drive a Range Rover Sport and it sucks down gas big time.  My vehicle is financed with Chase, and I have a great rate with them, but not as good as PenFed is offering so I'm debating whether I want to refinance.

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 41 of 96
Ron1
Super Contributor

I just checked they used the same HP for membership and credit card. By the way, I still have 4 INQs within 2 years and they knocked off one by applying Penfed. According to EQ, I owed something like $900. 

Ron.

Message 42 of 96
Ron1
Super Contributor

@LesWH wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

@ricefed wrote:
Do they hard pull for membership? If so who day they pull and do the use the same pull for a credit app if done within the same day? Debating if I should join now or next month. I'm already a member of voices for our troops.

yes they HP Equifax for membership and they use the same HP for the next 90 days.

I didn't know they used the same HP for membership and credit card.  She asked me for permission to pull credit report for credit card.  They might pull twice. 

Ron.

Yes, they use the same HP.  I applied for the card during the same session that I joined.  I only have the 1 HP on my Equifax report.  During my conversation with the CSR this morning she told me that if I wanted to refinance my vehicle that there would be no additional pull and that the membership pull was good for 90 days.  I really wanted the 5% back on gas because I drive a Range Rover Sport and it sucks down gas big time.  My vehicle is financed with Chase, and I have a great rate with them, but not as good as PenFed is offering so I'm debating whether I want to refinance.

I need to get an auto loan real soon. I will go to my local credit union and they have 1.90% auto loan for 60 months. They sent me pre-approval six months ago. I think I still qualify for it.

Ron.

Message 43 of 96
LesWH
Established Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

I just checked they used the same HP for membership and credit card. By the way, I still have 4 INQs within 2 years and they knocked off one by applying Penfed. According to EQ, I owed something like $900. 

Ron.

That's great!  They didn't knock off anything on mine!! LOL!! PenFed's inquiry just joined the others!  Have you checked your status again?

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 44 of 96
Ron1
Super Contributor

@LesWH wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

That's great!  They didn't knock off anything on mine!! LOL!! PenFed's inquiry just joined the others!  Have you checked your status again?

No, I haven't yet.  She told me it might take several days to process. They are back-logged.  I just followed up on my Lowes Amex business card. It's sill pending.  I think it's a good news.

Ron.

Message 45 of 96
Ron1
Super Contributor

I just called to request the PIN for online access. They told me to call back 1 1/2 hrs. 

Ron.

Message 46 of 96
RemyWinchester
Contributor

I was approved for the Plat Rewards EMV card.... Bittersweet though.  I have hit the ceiling in terms of how much PFCU will give me for CL, so in order for the card to be approved I had to re-allocate.  Which was a tough decision, but I ultimately traded my 5% cash gas card for the 5/3/1% point card with chip and pin.  I could have kept both, but really I'm a less - is - more type of card guy.  

At least my Amex Defender still remains intact Smiley Wink 

Message 47 of 96
Ron1
Super Contributor

I just called them to setup the PIN and they finally done verify my ID. I didn't see any credit card showing up online. It might be still pending. They wanted me to open a checking account.

Ron.

Message 48 of 96
MustangSaluki
Regular Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

I just called to request the PIN for online access. They told me to call back 1 1/2 hrs. 

Ron.

Ron

Not sure if you are already approved, but if you have online access you can always check for status here directly 

https://online1.penfed.org/PenFedOnline/Forms/Apply/ApplyNow.aspx

Once approved, you can click "Continue" button to setup PIN for the EMV, complete the online signature and select expedite option if you need it next business day. By the way the EMV is similar to Andrews and SD FCUs, meaning they default to Chip and Signature which is known to be an issue in some places in Europe. 

I was also approved for Penfed Plat last month for a 20k line. My score was 805 and I had 5 INQs showing (all from other CUs). The friendly CSR actually talked me into applying for the Plat Rewards (not that I didn't want it Smiley Very Happy)

Message 49 of 96
Ron1
Super Contributor

@MustangSaluki wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

Ron

Not sure if you are already approved, but if you have online access you can always check for status here directly 

https://online1.penfed.org/PenFedOnline/Forms/Apply/ApplyNow.aspx

Once approved, you can click "Continue" button to setup PIN for the EMV, complete the online signature and select expedite option if you need it next business day. By the way the EMV is similar to Andrews and SD FCUs, meaning they default to Chip and Signature which is known to be an issue in some places in Europe. 

I was also approved for Penfed Plat last month for a 20k line. My score was 805 and I had 5 INQs showing (all from other CUs). The friendly CSR actually talked me into applying for the Plat Rewards (not that I didn't want it Smiley Very Happy)

Thanks for your reply. I just checked it's still pending. Did they ask you for paystub?  Was it instantly approved? How long did you wait?

Ron.

Message 50 of 96
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.