Did you mean: 

Joined PenFed yesterday!!

tag
LesWH
Established Contributor

Re: Joined PenFed yesterday!!

@MustangSaluki wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

I just called to request the PIN for online access. They told me to call back 1 1/2 hrs. 

Ron.

Ron

Not sure if you are already approved, but if you have online access you can always check for status here directly 

https://online1.penfed.org/PenFedOnline/Forms/Apply/ApplyNow.aspx

Once approved, you can click "Continue" button to setup PIN for the EMV, complete the online signature and select expedite option if you need it next business day. By the way the EMV is similar to Andrews and SD FCUs, meaning they default to Chip and Signature which is known to be an issue in some places in Europe. 

I was also approved for Penfed Plat last month for a 20k line. My score was 805 and I had 5 INQs showing (all from other CUs). The friendly CSR actually talked me into applying for the Plat Rewards (not that I didn't want it Smiley Very Happy)

I did the online signature of the card document but didn't see where it could be expedited.  I just had them mail in normally to my address.  Is it too late to ask them to expedite it?  My status is showing approved and has not changed to transferred yet so perhaps I can call them and ask to have it expedited.

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 51 of 96
LesWH
Established Contributor

Called PenFed and they are going to expedite the card to me!  Thanks for the heads up!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

Message 52 of 96
MustangSaluki
Regular Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@MustangSaluki wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

I just called to request the PIN for online access. They told me to call back 1 1/2 hrs. 

Ron.

Ron

Not sure if you are already approved, but if you have online access you can always check for status here directly 

Once approved, you can click "Continue" button to setup PIN for the EMV, complete the online signature and select expedite option if you need it next business day. By the way the EMV is similar to Andrews and SD FCUs, meaning they default to Chip and Signature which is known to be an issue in some places in Europe. 

I was also approved for Penfed Plat last month for a 20k line. My score was 805 and I had 5 INQs showing (all from other CUs). The friendly CSR actually talked me into applying for the Plat Rewards (not that I didn't want it Smiley Very Happy)

Thanks for your reply. I just checked it's still pending. Did they ask you for paystub?  Was it instantly approved? How long did you wait?

Ron.

They did not ask for paystub. It was not an instant approval. Actually I had joined Penfed back in 2007 but had to endure a hard pull to reactivate my membership. They did have my info in the system, so they were very friendly in welcoming back (really cool CSR!) but mentioned I had to take an HP per policies in place now for dormant memberships. I had 5 INQs showing but it did not impact my score from 1st to 5th INQs so I knew I'd be fine with being past member + 805 score (DCU EQ) even with the INQs. Account was instantly activated after the HP and I was provided new Savings number. Was told 90 days to apply for loan via same HP. I called next day and my app was forwarded to underwriter for review. She said from the score and other info she filled in max 20k CL for new members and indicated I would have no problems getting approved. This was in the evening so no UW, was told to wait upto 2 days. Application showed approved next morning Smiley Happy I had read about Penfed being one of the more generous CUs with respect to CLs with similar profile as mine, but that excludes new members due to the max 20k ceiling.

@LesWH 

Sure, cool ! very helpful datapoint Smiley Happy

Message 53 of 96
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Congrats such wonderful newsSmiley Happy

Message 54 of 96
LesWH
Established Contributor

Looks like my PenFed card is being made!! Weeeee!!

VISA Platinum Cash Rewardsxxxxxxx01/02/2013TRANSFERRED 01/03/2013

Message 55 of 96
Ron1
Super Contributor

@MustangSaluki wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@MustangSaluki wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

Ron

Thanks for your reply. I just checked it's still pending. Did they ask you for paystub?  Was it instantly approved? How long did you wait?

Ron.

They did not ask for paystub. It was not an instant approval. Actually I had joined Penfed back in 2007 but had to endure a hard pull to reactivate my membership. They did have my info in the system, so they were very friendly in welcoming back (really cool CSR!) but mentioned I had to take an HP per policies in place now for dormant memberships. I had 5 INQs showing but it did not impact my score from 1st to 5th INQs so I knew I'd be fine with being past member + 805 score (DCU EQ) even with the INQs. Account was instantly activated after the HP and I was provided new Savings number. Was told 90 days to apply for loan via same HP. I called next day and my app was forwarded to underwriter for review. She said from the score and other info she filled in max 20k CL for new members and indicated I would have no problems getting approved. This was in the evening so no UW, was told to wait upto 2 days. Application showed approved next morning Smiley Happy I had read about Penfed being one of the more generous CUs with respect to CLs with similar profile as mine, but that excludes new members due to the max 20k ceiling.

@LesWH 

Sure, cool ! very helpful datapoint Smiley Happy

Thanks for the info.  I just checked the status online and it is still pending. I just opened a checking last night. They told me I have 45 days to fund the account for $500 to avoid monthly service fee. Hopefully, it helps to get approved for credit card. 

Ron.

Message 56 of 96
Ron1
Super Contributor

I got a email alert from MPM and they also pull hard from TU. 

Ron.

Message 57 of 96
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@MustangSaluki wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

Ron

Pity.  I guess this means it potentially supports Chip+Pin in unattended kiosks etc, but usually is chip+sig?  I found Chip + Signature almost worthless, people aren't expecting it when you put the card in an EMV machine, and slower than just swipe!

Message 58 of 96
LesWH
Established Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

Really??? They only pulled Equifax for me.

Message 59 of 96
Ron1
Super Contributor

@LesWH wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

Really??? They only pulled Equifax for me.

Yes, I got an alert from MPM. It was a TU alert.  I hope it is wrong. I need to keep it less Inq on that report. I just called them and they told me it's still pending.  I might have the answer by the end of the day.  It is no big deal if they denied my application.  I searched around the web and most people got approved over 720 with low utiization.

Ron.

Message 60 of 96
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.