Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joint CC Accounts

tag
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Joint CC Accounts

I have a question for all. 

If my wife has two CCs with $20k CL combined and the cards have zero balances, how hard would it be for me to make joint application?  I'm not talking about being an AU. 

If I made joint application and was approved, would the entire history of the card be reported on my CR?  Have any of you done this before?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Joint CC Accounts

SpecFile wrote:
I have a question for all. 

If my wife has two CCs with $20k CL combined and the cards have zero balances, how hard would it be for me to make joint application?  I'm not talking about being an AU. 

If I made joint application and was approved, would the entire history of the card be reported on my CR?  Have any of you done this before?

Yes, I just did this! I was approved for joint status on my DWs Chase Plat Visa. Some CCCs do not allow joint status. Which CC's are we talking about? Do you know all three of your FICO scores?
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know which cc companies allow an AU to be changed to a joint account?  Thank you for any input.
Message 3 of 9
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

DuckHunter wrote:
Does anyone know which cc companies allow an AU to be changed to a joint account?  Thank you for any input.

Chase and my local Credit Union allow it
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for the information.
Message 5 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

DuckHunter wrote:

Chase is one.
Message 6 of 9
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Fused,

She has Chase Rewards and BofA Visa Signature.  I am not currently listed on either card.

TU-682
EQ-662
EX-647
Message 7 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

SpecFile wrote:
Fused,

She has Chase Rewards and BofA Visa Signature.  I am not currently listed on either card.

TU-682
EQ-662
EX-647

BoA Visa Signature is not easy to get. Chase might be the better route. Which state do you live in? I wanna see if there is a high probability TU would be pulled if you apply. How many inqs on each CR?
Message 8 of 9
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Fused,

We are in Texas.

3 inqs for her in 12 months.

4 inqs for me in 12 months.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.