cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joint Credit Card- Does my CR impact approval?

tag
lmfields84
Regular Contributor

Joint Credit Card- Does my CR impact approval?

Hi all,

my husband and I are about to apply for a NFCU credit card, but I am super nervous.  I have a tax lien that I am paying installments on my CR, and I am worried my issue will prevent us from getting approved in the first place.  Do they only use the primary account holder's CR to make their decision, or will they look at us both?  I don't mind the hard inquiry because I only have 1 on my report- and I have minimal other baddies, all paid... and my score isn't much lower than his... but will the lien be a dealbreaker if I am the secondary account holder?

Our 2014 Rebuilding Log- Check Out Our Progress!
In Our Wallet: NFCU Cash Rewards $14k | NFCU LOC $15k | NFCU LOC $12k | NFCU Platinum Visa $8.5k | NFCU Platinum MC $1k Discover IT $1400 | Walmart Store Card $1.4k | Synchrony $1k | ToysRUs $500
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Joint Credit Card- Does my CR impact approval?

@lmfields84 wrote:

Hi all,

my husband and I are about to apply for a NFCU credit card, but I am super nervous.  I have a tax lien that I am paying installments on my CR, and I am worried my issue will prevent us from getting approved in the first place.  Do they only use the primary account holder's CR to make their decision, or will they look at us both?  I don't mind the hard inquiry because I only have 1 on my report- and I have minimal other baddies, all paid... and my score isn't much lower than his... but will the lien be a dealbreaker if I am the secondary account holder?

I would have him get it and then add you after it's open.

what is your EQ score and his?

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.