Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Juicy new 3% CB offering from local CU

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Juicy new 3% CB offering from local CU

@JamP 

One of the guys in the first couple of pages listed the one I used. Which is NEABA (Northeast Alabama Bicycle Association.

https://www.imba.com/join/chapter/neaba

There are several that should have qualified anyone.

Message 91 of 1,668
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Rockysocks wrote:

@Taurus22 wrote:

Just finished my membership + CC app today, as well.  Called in to ask if I could fund the new account via electronic transfer (just in hopes they would move my app along today) and most of the UW and financial assistants are working from home. The girl tried to get in contact with the UW while I was on the phone but said she wasn't responding, so expect to hear from her by EOB today or tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed.

The CC app has already pulled EQ for me, so maybe this is a good sign?

I'm in the same boat. Did you find out anything? I'm trying to get in contact with anyone, but to no avail. The phone rings 20 times then drops.

This thread has been viewed over 1070 times. There is no doubt that they are getting slammed with people trying to get this card in addition to getting slammed already by people dealing with COVID-19 fallout. Even if just 5% of readers apply for cards like this, that's still likely a rather sizable increase in business for a CU in Alabama nobody had heard of previously. I would give it a few days, maybe call them on Friday. 

Woo hoo, #TeamMyFico😃

Message 92 of 1,668
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

Just finished my docu-files for the membership approval and got my online access. I'm now a member!!!

Now just waiting for the electronic transfer from my bank to go through. UW told me my credit score is in their A+ tier, so I will get the 7.49% APR, but it's still processing.....waiting for confirmation of the SL. Which they might wait until the funds transfer clears before they move forward with that, but either way......looks promising!

It helped that actually lived in Anniston for a while, think I was able to chat my way into membership, along with the NEABA membership, but not much was discussed about that.

Will update once I have some confirmation......fingers still crossed!

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

On Deck: No Plans Currently
Message 93 of 1,668
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

When you join the bike associations, do you need to continually be a member (I.e., $5 monthly donation)?

My Current Active Credit Cards
Message 94 of 1,668
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Taurus22 

Dude skip the waiting on test deposits and stop by a co-op CU tomorrow and make an instant deposit. lol

If your membership is approved. You're already on your way! Very happy for you! All you need is the member no. and you DL.

https://co-opcreditunions.org/locator/?ref=co-opsharedbranch.org&sc=1&utm_source=co-opfs.org&utm_med...

Message 95 of 1,668
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

It looks like they denied me for the credit card before they denied me membership.

I'm hesitant to have to donate again in case it's already a hard NO.

I found out this morning (before they called) that I was denied for the card and membership was pending. Then I got the call for membership this afternoon.I don't know if that means anything or not. Are they a conservative bank?

Just wanted to add some data points.

Anyways, thanks everyone!

Message 96 of 1,668
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@MoneyBurns 

You can't get the card until membership is approved.

So they put the card app on hold. 

That's most likely what you are seeing if you went to your application status.

Don't stress over it. Your membership should be good for a month. No need to donate again right now.

Message 97 of 1,668
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@MoneyBurns wrote:

It looks like they denied me for the credit card before they denied me membership.

I'm hesitant to have to donate again in case it's already a hard NO.

I found out this morning (before they called) that I was denied for the card and membership was pending. Then I got the call for membership this afternoon.I don't know if that means anything or not. Are they a conservative bank?

Just wanted to add some data points.

Anyways, thanks everyone!

Reasons for denial or not sure yet?  What was you EQ score?

Message 98 of 1,668
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

@MoneyBurns wrote:

When you join the bike associations, do you need to continually be a member (I.e., $5 monthly donation)?

I only paid for the one month membership. Enough to cover my butt in case they actually look. You only need it long enough to get membership....higly unlikely they will ever check again, especially if your accounts stay in good standing. Depending on how this thread looks a month from now, if they start shutting apps down, etc. I might extend it another month or two to be on the safe side, but what's $5 in the big picture....

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

On Deck: No Plans Currently
Message 99 of 1,668
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

Well my score was 711. I got my card denied however, membership showed "under review". So my card was denied first.

Looking back, I probably donated to the wrong affiliation is what happened. I donated $10 dollars (I.e., 2x $5 dollars) to United Way of East Central Alabama (no fixed amount) https://www.uweca.org/ways-to-give/

I didn't get any membership card or anything. I got a donation receipt but I doubt that's membership, lol.

So I figure it must be what the hey, right? So i applied. Got "under review" for credit card and "under review" for membership on Friday.

This morning, it changed to -

Credit card: Denied

Membership at 0.0%: "Under review"

To me (I'm guessing here), it meant that they didn't like my large balance (12.7kish lol) on my 0 APR cards.

To further add evidence, I got a denial letter from two credit unions (Oh that 3%!!) citing those same issues from both Tropical Credit Union and USAlliance. 

From the looks of it, they might be conservative? Not sure. 

Well hope these points help with those trying for thr card! GL and Godspeed on your apps

ETA: Grammar stuff. Sentence fragment. Sentence fragment is also a sentence fragment. 

Message 100 of 1,668
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.