Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Juniper Bank

tag
cgmiller63
Contributor

Juniper Bank

I applied and received the Juniper Bank Frontier Airlines credit card with a credit limit of $4,000 (this was last week).  Yesterday I sent an e-mail requesting a CLI. Today I go on line to check my account to see if it was approved and guess what??? They gave me a second credit card (US Airways credit card) with a $6,000 credit line.  So I called to see if they could close the US Airways card and transfer the credit line to the Frontier Airlines and they said they could not do that.  WTF????

So, instead of having a closed credit line on my report, I guess I'll activate the new card, put it in the safe with the Frontier Airlines card, and charge my monthly gym dues to one card and my daughter's monthly gym dues to the the other card just to keep the credit cards reporting to the credit agencies.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Juniper Bank

I can think of worse outcomes...Smiley Happy

Congrats.

Rob
Message 2 of 9
cgmiller63
Contributor

Thanks.   Before I started reading this forum, I only had one card open at a time. I'm old school and I get nervous having more than one credit card open. It's a whole new way of thinking!
Message 3 of 9
Sunnybity
Contributor

I got a pre approved notice for a Juniper card and once I applied I got a instant acceptance response. CL 500. How long did you wait for cli? Scores were high 600's.
Message 4 of 9
cgmiller63
Contributor

I had the card less than a week.  My FICO's at the time of application =  EX 697 - EQ -694 - TU 693.  By the way, TU went down to 688 after the first Juniper card hit my credit report.  I'm just trying to break into the 700 club!
Message 5 of 9
Sunnybity
Contributor

Wow! You sound like me. I'm hoping for the 700's no later than November. I'm currently 5 points away but you never know. So again, you requested the cli by e-mail? I wonder why my cl is so low. I was hoping for at least 1000 cl.
Message 6 of 9
cgmiller63
Contributor

I don't know.  They probably base the CL on your income and your limits on other cards.  I'm a AU on my DH's AmEx which has a 25k credit line.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

cgmiller63 wrote:
I don't know.  They probably base the CL on your income and your limits on other cards.  I'm a AU on my DH's AmEx which has a 25k credit line.

Well, my income is only $16K and my largest CL was $4, but Carnival Sea Miles gave me a $5K CL...
Message 8 of 9
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

don't believe them...they can do it.  Talk to a supervisor. I did it with my I tune s and Osh kosh card.  Tell them you are planning on closing one of the cards.  They don't want to lose your business.They did it for me.   
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.