Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Juniper/Barclay 10 day hold on funds

tag
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

Juniper/Barclay 10 day hold on funds

I just PIF on my CC statement this month with Juniper and found out today when I went to use my card to make a purchase that my card was declined. Called and found out even though I PIF on Wed and the funds came out of my bank account yesterday, they placed a 10 day hold on those monies. When asked I was told it was because it was the first payment and the amount paid was considered a large amount of money. So any new CC holders be aware that they will hold your funds for 10 days so you dont end up looking like a moron when you go try and pay for something Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Juniper/Barclay 10 day hold on funds

Thanks for the heads up. I too am a new Juniper/Barclay card holder and have not made my first payment yet. Good to know this ahead of time. 
Message 2 of 33
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I had no trouble. Ran it up to 45% utility and paid the statement- no sweat
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 33
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

Im hoping this is just a one time thing and not an every month occurance. Hate not to have the CL available for an emergency.
Message 4 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was the payment made electronically?
Message 5 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been with them for a few months and have never had that happen. I make my payments online and they are credited the next day.
Message 6 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley MadI have the Carnival Sea Miles from Juniper.  Made a $388 purchase from Carnival (shore excursions) to get my points, then paid the next day.  Online payment of $360 generated a 10 day hold.  Guess I won't be using this card when I leave Monday on my Carnival cruise!
Message 7 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

payments of $50 and under are credit next day for me. Larger payments have 10 day hold. I use BOA Bill Pay. If I want to pay off $250 balance, I'll pay as follows: $50; $48.99; $1.01; $48.98; $1.02; $48.97; $1.03; $48.96 and $1.04.
Message 8 of 33
cgmiller63
Contributor

Does the hold apply to bill pay initiated from the Juniper site?
Message 9 of 33
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

cgmiller63 wrote:
Does the hold apply to bill pay initiated from the Juniper site?

Yes it does. Thats how I pay my account.
Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.