Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Juniper/Barclay 10 day hold on funds

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Juniper/Barclay 10 day hold on funds

I pay both my Carnival and Juniper from their website, and have never noticed a 10 day hold, whether the payment is small or large. Perhaps it's because this was your first payment...?

Message 11 of 33
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I transfer from my bank, and it appears on the Juniper site the day after I send it, which is as it should be.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 12 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is one thing I dont like about the card. They can initiate a ten day hold on any payment they consider large at any time.  Not sure how true this is but a friend (someone I kinda trust) actually said this caused him to be charged a late fee when his payment was scheduled for the due date.

Sucks especially when hey have your money in a matter of days. Hasnt happened to me yet but just to make sure I pay te minimum on the day the statement falls and anything else is scheduled on the due date

BTW watch out for CLDs.. If they think you have too much avail credit ANYWHERE they have a habit of lowering limits

Message Edited by Brammy on 08-18-2007 05:47 PM
Message 13 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Juniper does credit the payment when it is made, but the funds are not available for use.
Message 14 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a similar experiance with Credit One Bank.  They held my 1st payment, however we have been perfect friends ever since.

WBLAKE
Message 15 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Doodah wrote:
Juniper does credit the payment when it is made, but the funds are not available for use.

In that case i have no idea if they ever held me or not.  Only use the card every blue moon.

Message 16 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

New reson to hate this card

I've heard tales of this card's infamous credit limit decreases, I have had my card for a year now.  Never late never over limit don't use it much.  Finally took a close look at my credit report and these people have been softing my file 4Xs a month.  What the heck.  Seems like they are just looking for anything they can find.  Haven't had a CLD or anything its just the thought that not only are they doing it monthly, and most banks only do that the first six months, these folks are peaking into my file on a weekly basis.

Message Edited by Brammy on 08-19-2007 10:11 PM
Message 17 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New reson to hate this card

I received a credit limit decrease from Barclays/Airtran Visa. I happened to call today to ck the bal and my CL went from $1500 to $250. When I got home I had a letter from Barclays telling me about the decrease.  The reason given is too many inquiries and too many new cards.  When I started my credit recovery it was the very 1st card applied for and approved. Oh well. Did a bal trsfr and put the card in the do not use file. I guess it wasn't meant to be.
Message 18 of 33
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: New reson to hate this card

This is going to happening more and more - check out the news forum.  The subprime mortgage debacle is spreading fast and everyone is getting jumpy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 19 of 33
hollywdredd
Valued Member

Off topic....credit4me I noticed you aggressively increased your scores in a 9 month period of time...I'm new to the forum and trying to do a 100 point turn in the next six months if possible. Can I ask what your method was?

Thanks!
Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.