cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Juniper/Barclays Relationship Charge?????????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Juniper/Barclays Relationship Charge?????????

I haven't used this card in a few months and I noticed a small reduction in my available credit. I called the CS line and after going through all the initial options I pushed zero to get a live CSR. A recording informed me that I would be charged $15 to talk to a relationship manager! Are you kidding me? Has anyone run into this? I hung up immediately. 
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Juniper/Barclays Relationship Charge?????????

omg that is aweful. I have never heard of such a thing.
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

And their CS # isn't even an 800 number so it's a long distance call!
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

oui, they are sticking it wherever they can....Smiley Surprised
Message 4 of 14
Chazman
Contributor

I found out about the live-person charge about 6 weeks into my account, when I tried to pay on-line twice in the same billing period.  You can indeed pay as often as you like, but only after a couple of months aging.  Unfortunately, it cost me $15 bucks to speak with someone in New Delhi to find that out.

Barclays/Juniper's been pretty good to me for auto CLI and their on-line access.  And the 8.99% rate (no fee) is my lowest.  I just email customer service now if I need anything, which is rarely.  Response time is about 24-48 hours.
Message 5 of 14
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

wow, not even orchard and first premier/other 'less than stellar subprimes' do that
Message 6 of 14
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I have the Sea Miles card have an 800 number and have never been charged to speak to someone.
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, what card was this? I have called about my now closed Carnival Seamiles card on several occasions. It was a toll-free number and no charge.
Message 8 of 14
Chazman
Contributor

I've got the plain Juniper mastercard directly through Barclays. I know Juniper also uprovides cards for/through companies like Airtran. That's probably where the confusion lies in the different fees and available services.
Message 9 of 14
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

They should pay ME 15 bucks to talk to their CSRs.  I spent about 15 min on the phone with them trying to find out why they advertise a 'credit score' for the Travelocity product, but it's NOT an option when I login to my account.

I like the card, I just hope that I never have a reason to call them.  Ever.  Unless it's to close the account, I'm hoping I can stick to this.  Email sounds like a great idea.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.