cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Juniper US Airways declined...try again?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Juniper US Airways declined...try again?

I found this board a few weeks ago.  What a wealth of information.  I got so enthusiastic over the success others were having getting credit cards I decided to try Juniper US Airways since I thought they would be lenient and they pull TU.  My TU (762), EQ (732), Ex ?? (Exp. listed as ?? due to insufficent credit file).  To make a long story short, I stopped using credit about 9 yrs ago as things got totally out of hand, lots of baddies, but now things have been paid or fallen off but I have practically no credit file existing at all.  I recently was approved for an auto loan at a good rate, go figure.  I really just want the cc for emergencies (and to help me establhis some history) and I need to have at least one card to do so. 

Should I wait until after I have about 6 monthly payments under my belt before I apply for another cc?  At least there will be something on file.   I thought for sure I would get that Juniper.   Any advice would be welcomed.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Juniper US Airways declined...try again?

lynnnyc wrote:
I found this board a few weeks ago.  What a wealth of information.  I got so enthusiastic over the success others were having getting credit cards I decided to try Juniper US Airways since I thought they would be lenient and they pull TU.  My TU (762), EQ (732), Ex ?? (Exp. listed as ?? due to insufficent credit file).  To make a long story short, I stopped using credit about 9 yrs ago as things got totally out of hand, lots of baddies, but now things have been paid or fallen off but I have practically no credit file existing at all.  I recently was approved for an auto loan at a good rate, go figure.  I really just want the cc for emergencies (and to help me establhis some history) and I need to have at least one card to do so. 

Should I wait until after I have about 6 monthly payments under my belt before I apply for another cc?  At least there will be something on file.   I thought for sure I would get that Juniper.   Any advice would be welcomed.

Do you know if Juniper pulled TU?

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pay attention to who issues the card. I think Junipter is -Barclay (or something like that). Some CCC will blacklist your name if you have ever had a CO. WaMU use to be Providian. I can not get it because I had a CO long time ago. OMG  AMEX has a very long memory. I can't get them because of CO from 25 years ago.
I do have a HSBC, and discover...as they are not affiliated.

Go to walmart.com....apply for walmart card. IF they like you you might get an ok for walmart-discover.
Also try target.
The amount of CL  doesn't matter  it is a start.

I was like you. I always used my debit card. I have had to apply for CC in order to get my scores up.

WAIT...looking at your scores...I would apply first for Discover Card.  It can be a hard card to get. You might have a chance with high scores but be sure that your CR has no B/K or COs

Message Edited by HappyDays on 07-30-2007 02:14 PM

Message Edited by HappyDays on 07-30-2007 02:16 PM
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

with them scores you should be able to get a better card then juniper airways. You plan on flying alot? if not, go for a Discover, or a good reward card.   If your looking for a high credit limit and your not going to use the card. hooters mastercard gives HIGH credit limits. Smiley Wink  and you will get approved with scores like that...
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks, everyone.  maybe I will try Hooters as a last resort and if I get declined just wait until I have six months of car payments reported.  I used my debit for everything the last several years and no credit seems to be the equivalent of bad credit... Smiley Mad  I don't care if the CL is not that high, $750 or $1000 would be fine as my intention is to use it only to rebuild and not for spending aimlessly... (learned that lesson long ago)... just the getting established part is tricky.  I am so glad I found this board.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you happen to know who Wal-Mart pulls from and what the scores should range from?  Also, is Wal-mart the same as Sam's Stores?  Thank you for any information you might be able to give me.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

you got your fico scorces how long did it say your credit history is. sounds to me you  have not use credit in ten years, and closed accounts in good standing drop off after 10 years

Message Edited by rbbyrbsn on 07-31-2007 01:13 PM
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im in the north East and Walmart pulled all 3 CRAs
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rbb...
I checked some old papers last night, you are correct... it is 10 yrs and even longer on some accts so everything fell off - the baddies and the good also.  My old car loan is no longer listed either, paid on time and satisfactory but its so old it fell off.  Looks I'm like someone with no identity and no credit history at all now.  Still the dealer managed to get me a car loan but it is not even time for my first payment yet, so I will just wait.... patiently ... until the bank starts reporting my paments on this loan.  Bummer.
Message 9 of 11
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

lynnnyc wrote:

I used my debit for everything the last several years and no credit seems to be the equivalent of bad credit... :

You are learning the FICO game  Smiley Happy.  I was in the same position - I thought paying all my bills on time and living within my means was all I needed to get good credit  Smiley Very Happy  Then I started to play the game, then I found this place and learned a lot more of the rules  Smiley Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.