Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Juniper got me...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Juniper got me...

So far I've been amazed 'cause it seemed I was immune to all this credit hijacking news but Juniper got me. I have a letter dated August 27 stating my fixed 7.9% APR just went to a variable at a current rate of 12.99%. Yippee.

I'll keep the card. These folks just don't know how very little money they are going to get from me. (they don't get any now) hahhahahaHHAha

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Juniper got me...

@Anonymous wrote:

So far I've been amazed 'cause it seemed I was immune to all this credit hijacking news but Juniper got me. I have a letter dated August 27 stating my fixed 7.9% APR just went to a variable at a current rate of 12.99%. Yippee.

I'll keep the card. These folks just don't know how very little money they are going to get from me. (they don't get any now) hahhahahaHHAha

Considering these folks are master ratejackers that's not too bad!
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

They took me from 13% to 24%.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

That rate is still pretty good for a bank that got hurt in the meltdown.  More than a ratejack, this looks more like an adjustment of rates to reflect the capital, profit and loss position of the CCC.

My PenFed Platinum Visa has a rate higher than that.

Right now if you want low rate cards, you pretty much have to go with either a CU or a bank like USAA or other similar that wasn't caught up in the subprime credit crisis.

Addison Avenue offers 5.24%

NFCU offers 7.9%

Alliant offers 8.5%

PSECU offers 9.9%

USAA offers 7.75%

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most big banks deserve each other. I'm not a bitter person and I haven't seen much damage in all this but the way everything happened in the first place just discust me in general. I truly feel for the average Joe (the one who banks responcibly anyway) and the way these pirates behave towards him/her.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.