Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Juniper iTunes

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Juniper iTunes

Mdutch

Have you tried going to Compusa? I know a lot of places are not an authorized Apple dealer, however they do sell them.
They have a fairly easy credit card to get, maybe you should try them.
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tally sounds alot like Montana
Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm shopping for a notebook for my wife for Christmas and found a ton on Dell's Outlet site.  Good machines for about $500-550.  Not going to do fancy gaming or anything, but are pretty stacked for the price. 

If I'm in your shoes, I go with one of those, make good payments, and watch my score and history improve, then in a couple of months, I ask for the CLI.  Just my two cents....
Message 13 of 21
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Let's keep it nice folks! It's human to disagree but please do so in a polite manner.

fused
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mdutch wrote:
Heyy. I'm 19 years old. I checked my trans union fico score yesterday it was 732. the other two i last checked last month and they're both in the 700's as well. i have a credit card with capital one, my limit is only $500. i called the number they have listed in their site for CLI's, but it was an automated thing and just said no. eh, whatever? anyway, i really need a computer for school, im a college student. i'm going to buy with apple. that's why I want a CLI. I figured i'd try to get the Juniper iTunes credit card that's linked with apple, thinking that i'd have a chance of getting approved for more than a couple hundred bucks. cause that doesn't help me buy a computer. And well, I applied on the apple site and i was instantly approved for the juniper card with an initial purchase limit of about $500 bucks (to buy something that second on the site, but i didn't. i just chose to have my card mailed to me and not buy anything right then). And they're mailing me my card and stuff. i'm not employed or anything, just a part-time student and I got approved so that's great and all, but that still doesn't get me a 1k-2k computer. Soo..does anybody else have this card? How long after you first get the card do they give CLI's, etc? Hmm, or maybe i should go to my credit union to get a loan to buy a computer, think i'll have better luck with that? idk, i'm not employed, just a student.  Smiley Sad  oh and well my parents can't do anything for me, before anyone brings that up, cuz they're in bankruptcy.

I know you want an Mac but have you considered buying a laptop from Wal-Mart?  They have a Acer brand I believe running under $400 to $500.  Acer makes good products and for a student I think it will fit most if not all of your needs.  I know it's not a Mac but unless you are doing heavy graphics or video production I don't think you'll miss the difference.  (And by the way, if you have an Ipod it'll work on Windows so don't worry about that either.)
Message 15 of 21
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
I know you want an Mac but have you considered buying a laptop from Wal-Mart? They have a Acer brand I believe running under $400 to $500. Acer makes good products and for a student I think it will fit most if not all of your needs. I know it's not a Mac but unless you are doing heavy graphics or video production I don't think you'll miss the difference. (And by the way, if you have an Ipod it'll work on Windows so don't worry about that either.)

I miss my Mac... Smiley Sad Lightning traveled through the cable (not the house wiring) and cooked the Mac's internet connectivity. I needed a laptop and couldn't afford a Powerbook... Smiley Sad

Sorry to go OT (again). No eligibility with USAA, then? Even if your parents think they never were with them, they might have once had car insurance or something. It might be worth a call.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 16 of 21
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I was declined for the iTunes card. I wanted to buy a new mac with Leopard OS on it. Probably they did not like inquireis on my CR. From what I hear Barclay's does not like having too many inquires on the CR. Apple lost a sale.
Message 17 of 21
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

@MidnightVoice wrote:

@TallyDebtor wrote:
I just think it's pretty self-evident that declaring bankruptcy is a sign that one could have made better decisions with money and credit in the past.

Not to this self, it isn't! Smiley Happy A considerable number of BKs in the USA are directly related to the fact that we have the 36th best Health Care system in the world (up from 37th!!) It is a crime,

I wouldn't blame the Health care system! Our health care is not the problem, maybe it is because Americans are unhealthy by their own doing most of the time!!
Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 18 of 21
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@dallasjetfan wrote:

@MidnightVoice wrote:

@TallyDebtor wrote:
I just think it's pretty self-evident that declaring bankruptcy is a sign that one could have made better decisions with money and credit in the past.

Not to this self, it isn't! Smiley Happy A considerable number of BKs in the USA are directly related to the fact that we have the 36th best Health Care system in the world (up from 37th!!) It is a crime,

I wouldn't blame the Health care system! Our health care is not the problem, maybe it is because Americans are unhealthy by their own doing most of the time!!

To the OP, I apologize for thread jacking. Might we start a new thread on this subject in the general credit issues forum so as to keep on subject here. I would enjoy a healthy debate on health care issues!
Message 19 of 21
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Dell approves with $1500 limit... which was enough for my friend to get there xps laptop which also gave him 12 months 0%.
I know you wanted mac... but thought I would throw that out there.
2. Credit Union is a great option.  they tend to give you the money you need a little bit easier then a flat out credit card.
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.