Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Juny

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Juny

I received the Carnival Seamiles card back in November but I canceled it at the beginning of the year. A few Months ago i called and tried to reopen the account but I was told to much times has passed. I still get emails about they're Seamile deals but I just end up deleting them. But yesterday they sent a email saying I qualify for a Carnival Seamiles Platinum card but when I hit on the link it goes to a Chase Platinum Seamiles Reward Visa card. What gives? This is the link they attached to the email.

http://www.firstusa.com/cgi-bin/webcgi/webserve.cgi?partner_dir_name=seamiles&page=cont&mkid=6PL3

Message Edited by l9ikjam on 07-02-2008 01:32 AM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: Juny

@Anonymous wrote:
I received the Carnival Seamiles card back in November but I canceled it at the beginning of the year. A few Months ago i called and tried to reopen the account but I was told to much times has passed. I still get emails about they're Seamile deals but I just end up deleting them. But yesterday they sent a email saying I qualify for a Carnival Seamiles Platinum card but when I hit on the link it goes to a Chase Platinum Seamiles Reward Visa card. What gives? This is the link they attached to the email.

http://www.firstusa.com/cgi-bin/webcgi/webserve.cgi?partner_dir_name=seamiles&page=cont&mkid=6PL3

Message Edited by l9ikjam on 07-02-2008 01:32 AM

Was the email from a Juniper email address this time? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me that it would be, as these are two separate entities altogether.

Btw, I would assume the Chase version of this card to be infinitely superior to the Juniper version in every way.
Here we go again...
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The email advertising the Chase card likely came from the Carnival Seamiles program rather than from Juniper.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes-

cheddar wrote:
The email advertising the Chase card likely came from the Carnival Seamiles program rather than from Juniper.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

the whole page is advertising carnival seamiles 2 vacations for the price of 1. Some reason the link leads to a chase site.

SeaMiles are subject to Sea Miles® terms and conditions, available at www.carnivalseamiles.com. Credit for previous purchase is not permitted. No minimum stateroom category purchases required. Space is subject to availability at time of booking. Valid on retail rates only. This certificate has no cash value. This promotion is not combinable with any other promotion.

Message Edited by l9ikjam on 07-02-2008 07:10 AM
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

l9ikjam wrote:
the whole page is advertising carnival seamiles 2 vacations for the price of 1. Some reason the link leads to a chase site.

SeaMiles are subject to Sea Miles® terms and conditions, available at www.carnivalseamiles.com. Credit for previous purchase is not permitted. No minimum stateroom category purchases required. Space is subject to availability at time of booking. Valid on retail rates only. This certificate has no cash value. This promotion is not combinable with any other promotion.

It's very simple.

When you got your Juniper Carnival Seamiles card, you were enrolled in the Carnival Seamiles program.

Once you are enrolled in Carnival Seamiles, they will send you advertisements by email.

There are two Carnival Seamiles credit cards.  The one you had is issued by Juniper, but there is also one issued by Chase.

You are receiving advertisements from Carnival Seamiles for the Chase Carnival Seamiles card simply because you are a member of Carnival Seamiles.  It has nothing to do with the Juniper card at all.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.