cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Closed my Chevron and ShopNBC !!!!!

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Just Closed my Chevron and ShopNBC !!!!!

Message 11 of 25
Ron1
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 25
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 13 of 25
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

I have to admit to doing a double take when I saw the author of this thread. Heheh.  Congrats on trimming, Ron!

I'm not at the point where I can chop yet.  I'm a bit leery of VS, however.  f they don't show me LUV within a year of that TL's opening date, it's SD for them!

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 14 of 25
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

CONGRATS Ron "closing is the new apping"!!  I know the feeling closed 3 in the last week - when you have a bunch of cards it is great to thin the herd!!  It's addicting, wondering which one you are axing next......  Smiley LOL

Message 15 of 25
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

I'm thinking to close some of Comenity cards.

Ron.

I have closed most of my cards that did not add any value to my portfolio. I did add the CapOne Quicksilver card as I like the 1.5% on everything.

Feels good to close them down! If you have no use and they sit in the SD, why not? 

Let them go! You can always get them back if needed...

JMO!

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 16 of 25
Ron1
Super Contributor

I just closed Buckle Card.  I didn't find any use.  I haven't used the card even once. 

Ron.

Message 17 of 25
Ron1
Super Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

I'm thinking to close some of Comenity cards.

Ron.

I have closed most of my cards that did not add any value to my portfolio. I did add the CapOne Quicksilver card as I like the 1.5% on everything.

Feels good to close them down! If you have no use and they sit in the SD, why not? 

Let them go! You can always get them back if needed...

JMO!

Ray,

I started cleaning the house to close some of my store card.  So I don't have to buy things to keep active.  Yesterday, I closed my Amex Green, Chevron and ShopNBC. Now I just closed Buckle card. I looked at credit report. Which one I have to close?  Should I keep Bjorns Credit around? They decreased my CL from $14K to $4.5K

Ron.

Message 18 of 25
Ron1
Super Contributor

Just closed another one: Jessica London Credit Card. Never use.

Ron.

Message 19 of 25
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

You are on a roll... Smiley Very Happy I closed Buckle 2 years ago.

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.