Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Curious

tag
IncrsCredScore
Frequent Contributor

Just Curious

Does anyone know what credit score PFCU requires to issue a credit card?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Re: Just Curious

Penfed?

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 2 of 8
IncrsCredScore
Frequent Contributor

Yes, PenFed.

Message 3 of 8
BigBS
Senior Contributor

EQ from what I've read.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 4 of 8
IncrsCredScore
Frequent Contributor

Thank you, BigBS.

My next question concerns the actual credit score itself.  My credit score just went up 27 points from the former 639.  I don't want to apply for a credit card that will be denied.  Now that I have the name of the CRA they use, does anyone know what numerical credit score they require in order to be issued a credit card? 

Message 5 of 8
BigBS
Senior Contributor

@IncrsCredScore wrote:

Thank you, BigBS.

My next question concerns the actual credit score itself.  My credit score just went up 27 points from the former 639.  I don't want to apply for a credit card that will be denied.  Now that I have the name of the CRA they use, does anyone know what numerical credit score they require in order to be issued a credit card? 

I don't know what the bottom line score or nominal score is, but I'm sure someone can provide that.  I would ask what things are you looking for in a CC that PFCU can give you?  There may be others even better (I've heard PFCU can be tough sometimes).

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 6 of 8
user5387
Valued Contributor

@IncrsCredScore wrote:

Thank you, BigBS.

It's unlikely you'll be approved with a score of 666.

There are many threads around here that describe how conservative a lender Penfed is.

Message 7 of 8
subwaysandwich
Frequent Contributor

@user5387 wrote:

@IncrsCredScore wrote:

Thank you, BigBS.

It's unlikely you'll be approved with a score of 666.

There are many threads around here that describe how conservative a lender Penfed is.

They don't approve devil's advocates Smiley Tongue

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.