Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Did A PC With Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just Did A PC With Amex

Changed from the Gold To Zync. I think Zync will do me more jutice an the AF is only $25
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Just Did A PC With Amex

Why draw attention to a new amex acct. by requesting a major downgrade several weeks after gold approval?  

Perhaps nothing will come of it, I hope not, but they watch new accts. very closely so be prepared for them to react.

As a new amex customer it's best to tread lightly IMO.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@score_building wrote:

Why draw attention to a new amex acct. by requesting a major downgrade several weeks after gold approval?  

Perhaps nothing will come of it, I hope not, but they watch new accts. very closely so be prepared for them to react.

I'm inclined to agree, I've got the Gold and I'm a new member and haven't used it yet. I'll lay low for awhile and let it season and mature a bit.

Message 3 of 10
UpNUp
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@score_building wrote:

I'm inclined to agree, I've got the Gold and I'm a new member and haven't used it yet. I'll lay low for awhile and let it season and mature a bit.

I'm new to Amex (first statement just cut, Green card) and I'm using the heck out of it.

Message 4 of 10
score_building
Senior Contributor

@UpNUp wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@score_building wrote:

I'm new to Amex (first statement just cut, Green card) and I'm using the heck out of it.

They're big fans of heavy usage, so kudos to you UpNUp, off to a great start.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did a PC in Jan.

Blue Cash ---> Clear

Message 6 of 10
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I did a PC in Jan.

Blue Cash ---> Clear

You didn't like Blue Cash, or just prefer Clear?

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@score_building wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I did a PC in Jan.

Blue Cash ---> Clear

You didn't like Blue Cash, or just prefer Clear?

.5% on first $6,500 is a huge turn off.

I always get a full 1% on Clear.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@score_building wrote:

At this point Amex will not make or break me. I'm not gonna sit up an worry about if there gonna find me a worthy customer it's a credit card not the end of the world lol. They close my card I'll take my business elsewhere an not look back.

Message 9 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I don't think this is a big deal. AmEx is marketing the new card, and there are some better deals with it, depending on the categories.

In terms of the annual fee, I might have waited until the eleventh month, since it's free the first year, but if the Zync category stuff works better than the across-the-board rewards structure of Gold, I say go for it.

Have fun with it! --and use it a lot. As mentioned above, AmEx loves to see usage.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.