Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**Just Got A 30 day Late Fee by Error Ughhhh!**

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

**Just Got A 30 day Late Fee by Error Ughhhh!**

Greetings all, just hung up the phone with Discover Card. Long story short the cust. service rep agreed that the error was their fault. She then agreed to remove the late fee and assured me that the late payment would NOT REPORT to any credit bureaus. Any ideas how I can be sure of that?? Speak with a specific department or supervisor??

Thanks
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: **Just Got A 30 day Late Fee by Error Ughhhh!**

If you still remember, write down the name of the person you spoke with, and the time. That way you can document that an actual human being promised you something.

For more advice on dealing with call centers, consult my blog. I worked in call centers for many years...
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I know how damaging just one 30 day late can be
Message 3 of 5
marty56
Super Contributor

I had to pay Discover twice when I was in DMP since the DMP was being them late.  They were always straight with me.  I would take them at their word and if you are using a credit monitoring system like TC, check the date that the account updates so you can verify this.  I would also save a hard copy of all your statements just in case that go BofA on you.

Trust, but verify.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Marty, I use the MyFICO and ID Theft Protection monitoring. Both are great!! ID theft just alerted me to an inquiry from 2 days ago!! Pretty good
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.