Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just added my sister as authorized user-question

tag
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: Just added my sister as authorized user-question

Since a Cap1 is allready on her report, I would suggest a cap1 card, then wait 6 months, and go for Chase freedom, clean report, 6 months of history will probably get her in the door, I would also recomend AMEX PRG, buy a pack of gum, pay it off put it away, just to lock in membership year,  set a calendar event for 11 months later to have her call and cancel it unless she has work/lifestyle requirements that make the card make sense, lock the card up in a safe deposit box or a safe so she can use the number when she is ready to be an active AMEX member for backdating goodness,  She could also consider a Discover IT at some point.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 11 of 16
samm90
New Contributor

Who does she bank with? Wells Fargo gave me my first card, and they were generous. It might be easier for her to be approved and manage a card that is linked to an account she already checks.
Discover Tu 730(2/14) DCU Eq 725(2/28)

Bouncing back from new accts and inqs. Hope to be back over 760 soon.
Message 12 of 16
Tonydga
Valued Member

We bank at Regions. Good bank as far as bank accounts (in our experience) but their credit cards don't seem to get rave reviews from what I read so I think they are out. I will probably advise her to either do DiscoverIT or stick with Cap One since she will have an established cc relationship with them. The card that I added her on has a 3 year excellent credit history on it, so she will already have a good advantage. I remember I had to start from the very very very bottom and build my way up by myself so hopefully she won't have to go through as much credit file building as I did.

Message 13 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Tonydga wrote:

We bank at Regions. Good bank as far as bank accounts (in our experience) but their credit cards don't seem to get rave reviews from what I read so I think they are out. I will probably advise her to either do DiscoverIT or stick with Cap One since she will have an established cc relationship with them. The card that I added her on has a 3 year excellent credit history on it, so she will already have a good advantage. I remember I had to start from the very very very bottom and build my way up by myself so hopefully she won't have to go through as much credit file building as I did.

I would agree.  Regions doesn't really have too much of great CC products, let alone their stringent qualification criteria.

Message 14 of 16
Tonydga
Valued Member

I do have a question....will her $4k annual salary be an issue all things above considered?
Message 15 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Tonydga wrote:
I do have a question....will her $4k annual salary be an issue all things above considered?

The income may come into play with some lenders but if she is still currently a student, then she could likely try the student version of the Discover CC down the road, Citi also offers a couple student CCs as well.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.