Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just app'ed for Home Depot online

tag
BabyBlue
New Contributor

Just app'ed for Home Depot online

I thought some of you may find this info useful:

Credit report pulled - Experian (last time I checked my score was 764 back in January; it may have been slightly higher at the time of the application. No inquiries w/n the last two years on EX)

Instant approval with CL of 1250

Called to reckon (planning to make a single purchase of 1100) - CL increased to 2000

State of residence: FL

I was afraid they would not approve me - DH had a bankruptcy Ch 11 in 2000 and his Home Depot account was included in it. So, the approval is good news.

I wish the CL was a little higher, but I am not complaining in the current credit climate. My other credit lines are: 15k, 15k, 3k, 1.4k and HD 2k

Message Edited by BabyBlue on 05-05-2009 09:35 AM
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Just app'ed for Home Depot online

Congrats...
Message 2 of 7
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

I need either a HD or Lowe's card, as I'm closing on a house in a couple weeks.  I plan to build a deck, frame an exterior door from dining room out to deck, install new garage door, put in 1/2 bathroom in hallway, fence in the yard and maybe even do some landscaping.  So, the fact that you were only give 2k after a recon with those other TLs that you show is bad news for me.  I will probably want to have 2K+ on the card at any one time, so I'll have to make sure that it doesn't report like that.  Although, if I've already got my mortgage, I supposed the only thing I'd worry about is AA from my other cards Smiley Sad

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Hey, thrasher, Citi/ Home Depot pulled EQ on me in Feb 2008 in our mutual home town. I use the branch in the south end of town.

I went with them instead of Lowe's because I prefer Citi to GEMB. They gave me $4K with a lot of low-rent lates and an EQ of somewhere around 725 at the time. I applied online. I used it some in the beginning, but I haven't used it for months and months, and I'm scared witless that they're going to CLD me for non-usage. HD, I promise that if you leave my line intact when you drop the new statement tomorrow, I'll go buy something!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 7
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@thrasher865 wrote:
I need either a HD or Lowe's card, as I'm closing on a house in a couple weeks.  I plan to build a deck, frame an exterior door from dining room out to deck, install new garage door, put in 1/2 bathroom in hallway, fence in the yard and maybe even do some landscaping.  So, the fact that you were only give 2k after a recon with those other TLs that you show is bad news for me.  I will probably want to have 2K+ on the card at any one time, so I'll have to make sure that it doesn't report like that.  Although, if I've already got my mortgage, I supposed the only thing I'd worry about is AA from my other cards Smiley Sad

Hi thrasher,

You never know...HD (store card) was my sixth card. At the time my other accts were 15k, 10k, 6k and a few just under 2k. They gave me a whopping 10k! It was an online instant approval. I already had a citi mc at 6k that I opened 4 months earlier. I love HD!! Wait for your mortgage to hit your credit reports before you apply.

Edit to add: Lowe's was not so generous..Reminds me I got to go buy some bin liners before they close the account.

Message Edited by ocheosa on 05-05-2009 06:58 PM
[4/23] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 5, TU 1. AoOA=14.8y, AoYA=9m.
TCL $618K: Personal $512K, Business $106K.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval blue..
Message 6 of 7
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

Hi BabyBlue,

..... CONGRATS and Whooo HOOOO! You are going to love the card! The promos are wonderful!

[4/23] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 5, TU 1. AoOA=14.8y, AoYA=9m.
TCL $618K: Personal $512K, Business $106K.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.