Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just applied for a Amex Trueearnings Card

tag
joestay
Frequent Contributor

Just applied for a Amex Trueearnings Card

After I submitted my application, it says, "If you qualify, you'll recieve your card in 14 days."

Does this mean I got denied?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ma_fico
Regular Contributor

Re: Just applied for a Amex Trueearnings Card

Not necessarily - they don't do online auto approvals for the Costco card.

Better to apply in store for this one.

Message 2 of 6
joestay
Frequent Contributor

Anyone know the earliest I can find out if I am approved or not?  How long did it take you to know?  Anyone who applied for this card.

Message 3 of 6
danababy98
Valued Member

My DH applied at our local Costco, took about 1 1/2 weeks to get the email saying we were approved.  Do you spend alot at Costco?  I think they take a look at that.  Good luck!

TU-656 EQ-686 EX-655
Message 4 of 6
Romeoo47
Regular Contributor

As previous poster have mentioned, the message does not mean that you are denied.  Like yourself, I applied online for the AMEX True Earnings Costco card.  I got a similar message and I was approved in about a week and a half.  I later found out that some people got instant approvals if they applied in-store.  Anyway, good luck!

Message 5 of 6
joestay
Frequent Contributor

So, I went to experian to check my credit report today.  It doesn't show the inquiry from me applying for the TrueEarnings Card yesterday.  I thought those inquiries were supposed to get onto the credit report right away?  Is this normal.  Also, experiandirect is the correct website for experian report, right?  Just want to make sure I was on the right website.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.