Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just applied for and received Discover

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just applied for and received Discover

I thought I'd let you all know that it's possible to get a Discover card without scores in the 700s.

I just applied for the Discover Motiva since they kept sending me offers. Received the 30 day message and called them back. They had to verify some information and approved me with a 5K limit on the phone. Told me that I can ask for a CLI after 6 months. I'll try again for a CLI after I receive the card and activate it.

I honestly don't have a need for it, but wanted it to round out my meager collection. I'll probably set up automatic payments on it and pay my DirecTv bill with it just so that I can show activity.

Does anyone know if Discover does product changes?
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
redhed1026
New Contributor

Re: Just applied for and received Discover

Does Discover still do double cycle billing? If so, yuck :-P .... has kept me from apping to them in the past. It's a nasty practice if you keep a balance...
Message 2 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

WTG!!

I changed from some sort of basic Disco card to the Disco Open Road card.  But I think that may be a change in the type of rewards rather than a change in product. 
Message 3 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

redhed1026 wrote:
Does Discover still do double cycle billing? If so, yuck :-P .... has kept me from apping to them in the past. It's a nasty practice if you keep a balance...

Mostly, yes, they do.  Some of their lower tier cards use average daily balance.

Message 4 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

T2J wrote:
I thought I'd let you all know that it's possible to get a Discover card without scores in the 700s.

I just applied for the Discover Motiva since they kept sending me offers. Received the 30 day message and called them back. They had to verify some information and approved me with a 5K limit on the phone. Told me that I can ask for a CLI after 6 months. I'll try again for a CLI after I receive the card and activate it.

I honestly don't have a need for it, but wanted it to round out my meager collection. I'll probably set up automatic payments on it and pay my DirecTv bill with it just so that I can show activity.

Does anyone know if Discover does product changes?

Congrats!

Dunno about the product changes.

Message 5 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just called Disco (you reminded me I had to ask them a question) and they told me it is possible to do a product change, depending of course on your account and if you have behaved.  It sounds like they will consider it after 6 months or a year, so I wouldn't bother trying before 6 months.
Message 6 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Super congrats T2J! Good card and wonderful opening cl! Smiley Happy You've in the big time now. Smiley Wink

What were your FICO scores at time of applying?
Message 7 of 29
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

This thread gave me enough gumption to apply. I got the 30 day message. Time for the phone call.
Here we go again...
Message 8 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratz T2J !!!  I had some luck back in december(got the open roads card) with not so hot fico scores too. I think high 600's. There is hope for us non 700 club members!!
Message 9 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just on a side note..anyone noticed they are getting more discover apps now that they are approved for one?? I have been getting an app for practically all there products...heck i even got one for the wal-mart card twice!!
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.