Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just applied for credit card through Barclays

tag
lpayton
Regular Contributor

Just applied for credit card through Barclays

And got this denial letter:

Thank you for your recent application for a credit card issued by Barclays Bank Delaware.

We regret that we're unable to approve you for a credit card account due to the following reason(s):

• Too few accounts with sufficient satisfactory performance

In evaluating your application, the consumer reporting agency listed below provided us with information that in whole or in part influenced our decision. The reporting agency played no part in our decision other than providing us with credit information about you, and is unable to supply specific reasons why we have denied credit to you. Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, you have a right to know the information provided to us. It can be obtained by contacting: EXPERIAN, PO BOX 2002, ALLEN, TX  75013, 888-397-3742

You also have a right to a free copy of your report from the reporting agency, if you request it no later than 60 days after you receive this notice. In addition, if you find that any information contained in the report you receive is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to dispute the matter with the reporting agency.

We also obtained your credit score from this consumer reporting agency and used it in making our credit decision. Your credit score is a number that reflects the information in your credit report. Your credit score can change, depending on how the information in your credit report changes.
    Your credit score:629
    Date:08/30/201

•  

•  

• Is this an accurate FICO score???? I thought Barclays only used Transunion...and HOLY CRAP MY EXPERIAN IS A 629?????????????????

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
lpayton
Regular Contributor

Re: Just applied for credit card through Barclays

Someone please respond...is this score through Barclays a FICO score??

Message 2 of 17
hardworker77
Contributor

Message 3 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I have NEVER seen Barclay pull anything other than TU... ugh I don't like this if this is the new practices of Barclay!

Not sure rather Fico or not, sorry.

Message 4 of 17
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

If you call Barclays they should be able to tell you!

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe that it is a fico score. Most credit card companies pull the true fico and it is trending that they are also sending you record of your score wether approved or not.
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are some records of duo-pull on TU and EX by them. Pulling only EX is very rare. Do you have fraud alert on TU?
Message 7 of 17
lpayton
Regular Contributor

No I do not.  But, earlier tonight when I went to update my TU score here on MyFico, it gave me an error message and wouldn't let me pull it.  Maybe the two are related??

Message 8 of 17
lpayton
Regular Contributor

dookdig wrote:
There are some records of duo-pull on TU and EX by them. Pulling only EX is very rare. Do you have fraud alert on TU?

Is the Experian score indicated in the denial a FICO do you know?

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure. I have never received denial letter from barclay with scores. 

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.