cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just approved for Discover More (11.5k CL). What to do now?

tag
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: Just approved for Discover More. What to do now?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Crashem wrote:

Discover gods smiled on you.  Enjoy and remember to pif.

Always do Smiley Happy

But isn't that limit crazy considering my highest limit was $500...

yes.  You shouldn't app for any cards right now.  If you are going to app, at least wait for discover to report for a few months so new card issuers can take note.  That new limit just put you into big leagues.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Crashem wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Crashem wrote:

Discover gods smiled on you.  Enjoy and remember to pif.

Always do Smiley Happy

But isn't that limit crazy considering my highest limit was $500...

yes.  You shouldn't app for any cards right now.  If you are going to app, at least wait for discover to report for a few months so new card issuers can take note.  That new limit just put you into big leagues.

Big leagues you say? Smiley Happy

Well in that case, I'm applying for the Palladium in 3 months!!!! LOL JK going to have to get out of engineering and into IB if I ever want that to happen...

Probably apply for Freedom, and maybe BCE, in a few months. I don't know what I would even do with these cards though....

**EDIT** Should I try to PC the More to IT? Or hold my horses for a few months? Honestly I don't see what's different, other than the card looks cooler.

Message 12 of 26
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Sure pc to it right away.  It's a little better.  One thing though, you are showing high eq fico.  Think your ex is similar?  It should be or is there some kind of negative on ex?

Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Crashem wrote:

Sure pc to it right away.  It's a little better.  One thing though, you are showing high eq fico.  Think your ex is similar?  It should be or is there some kind of negative on ex?

The EQ score in my sig is old, and my current EQ should be a little lower I think because of the new cards I got.

3 months ago when I was denied for BCE, my EX score according to them was something like 690. This was because a card that I was removed as AU (the card had 108%) from 3 months before that was still reporting on my EX. I never ran an actually EX fico since then, but I do know I have at least  7 hard inqs on it. There are no other negatives.

I don't know if I should PC right away. I don't want a real person to look at it, and try to lower my CL.

Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got my approval letter from Discover in the mail. Even though I was approved, they included my EQ which is 761.

I also PC'd the More to IT, and it will take affect after this bill cycle!

Message 15 of 26
Iamvee
Established Member

That's great , 11k  CL is a major step up from 500

Fico score: TU: 684 Date 8/8/2012 EQ : 647 Date 8/25/2012
EX: 651 Date 7/21/2012
Wallet: CAP one: 300 // AMEX Zync: 500
Garden since 8/18/12
Goal: 750 across the board

Message 16 of 26
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Crashem wrote:

The EQ score in my sig is old, and my current EQ should be a little lower I think because of the new cards I got.

3 months ago when I was denied for BCE, my EX score according to them was something like 690. This was because a card that I was removed as AU (the card had 108%) from 3 months before that was still reporting on my EX. I never ran an actually EX fico since then, but I do know I have at least  7 hard inqs on it. There are no other negatives.

I don't know if I should PC right away. I don't want a real person to look at it, and try to lower my CL.

Haahaa.  I remember when you were asking for advice on what to do about it.  Well in any case, I would use that card for a 2-4 months and think about getting a couple of other cards who hopefully with give you CLs in that range.

Message 17 of 26
android01
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Crashem wrote:

Looking at your sig line, I was curious how you went from a score of 699 (4/11/12) to 780 (4/18/12) in the space of one WEEK.  Congrats on the Discover by the way, They'll treat you well if you use them. Smiley Happy

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 18 of 26
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Re: Just approved for Discover More (11.5k CL). What to do now?

congrats

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 19 of 26
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

Re: Just approved for Discover More (11.5k CL). What to do now?

Congrats! Discover sends me 3 pre-approvals a week. Everybody's understanding is that they do low CL's. Now I'm thinking!!! No...... I better not.

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)

AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.