cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just approved for Discover More (11.5k CL). What to do now?

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Just approved for Discover More (11.5k CL). What to do now?

You can change to IT using live chat...

I don't think it's a joke, discover considers current obligations when issuing CLs

Congrats!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just approved for Discover More. What to do now?

@android01 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Crashem wrote:

Sure pc to it right away.  It's a little better.  One thing though, you are showing high eq fico.  Think your ex is similar?  It should be or is there some kind of negative on ex?

The EQ score in my sig is old, and my current EQ should be a little lower I think because of the new cards I got.

3 months ago when I was denied for BCE, my EX score according to them was something like 690. This was because a card that I was removed as AU (the card had 108%) from 3 months before that was still reporting on my EX. I never ran an actually EX fico since then, but I do know I have at least  7 hard inqs on it. There are no other negatives.

I don't know if I should PC right away. I don't want a real person to look at it, and try to lower my CL.

Looking at your sig line, I was curious how you went from a score of 699 (4/11/12) to 780 (4/18/12) in the space of one WEEK.  Congrats on the Discover by the way, They'll treat you well if you use them. Smiley Happy

Looking at my signature, I am also confused as to how I went from 699 to 780 in a span of a week, but I do know I didn't lie about it lol Smiley Happy I either wrote down the dates incorrectly, or that's the time when 2 high utilization cards that I was an AU on were removed from my EQ.

This will defiitely be my go to card for now. I just don't know how I'm going to keep AMEX happy as well with the Zync. Maybe I'll be a few of my lunches a month on my Zync?

If my CU doesn't  give me love on my $500 cl card without asking  I will probably drop them after my  1-year promotional 1% checking account ends.  Or maybe I should continue to keep a relationship with them for car loans / mortgage in the future?

Man my first real limit, and I'm already acting like an a-hole...

Message 22 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I had to help my mom out and put my families' insurance on my card two days ago. It was $2500, and it hasn't been processed yet, so I can't make payment online. Are they going to get freaked out by this balance when my statement cuts later on today?

If I don't move funds from another account (I split my direct deposit and use the smaller amount in an account I use for bills,living, etc) it will be 2 weeks till I pay off the full balance. I have 0.00% interest until 11/2013 so I wont be incurring any interest, but someone mentioned I should paying my bill in full each month?

I will be making an $850 payment as soon as the payment is processed, and a $1000 payment on Wednsday.

What to do?

Message 23 of 26
jsucool76
Super Contributor

My sister wanted to make payments before all of her stuff hit on her discover when she first got it, she was able to push a payment through using her banks Bill Pay feature, you too may be able to do it that. 

You do have a grace period though, from the day your statement cuts till the day your actual payment is due, I believe it's like 21 days or something (Varies by lender)

Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

My sister wanted to make payments before all of her stuff hit on her discover when she first got it, she was able to push a payment through using her banks Bill Pay feature, you too may be able to do it that. 

You do have a grace period though, from the day your statement cuts till the day your actual payment is due, I believe it's like 21 days or something (Varies by lender)

I guess I'm just nervous... This is the first time I'm going to let a statement cut with a balance over $200. I just don't want them to get skiddish, and say we're lowering your limit to $3k...

Thank you for reminding me about the Bill Pay feature, that should definitely work!

Message 25 of 26
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Allowing a statement to cut with a balance has no effect on the creditor, the problem arises when your util posts to your credit report, although with a limit of 11.5k you'll be fine. Util% only matters if you plan on applying for credit during that month. 

So long as your balance is paid off by the "Payment Due by..." date that is on your statement, you won't accrue any interest. Had you charged 11,400 out of the 11.5k limit, then I would be a little concerned, but you're not even near it. 

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.