Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just closed credit one yay

tag
CreditobsessedinFL
Established Contributor

Re: Just closed credit one yay

@Anonymous wrote:

Junk card started out as 500, offered 1 cli to 750 that i had to pay a service fee on scores all over 700 never offered another increase seems as if they increase you only if you stay in debt and they collect that sweet interest money, called in April to cancel offered 3 months no fee to not close called today to close, took me back under 25k in lines but I think that card was just a blemish on my profile bucketed cap 1 will be next

Good riddance to bad rubbish, right? It served it's purpose. 

Message 11 of 26
MidnightOwl
Regular Contributor

I called them on 8/7/2020 and told them I wanted to close the account and surprisingly, he didn't give me a hard time about it. Maybe it's because I told him that before he goes into his scripted speech on why I should stay with them, I told him upfront not to bother beading it because I am not going to keep it open and that I didn't have the time or patience to hear any of their so called glorious reasons to keep it open !!! It apparently worked because he said i'll close it right away. It was already on my credit reports 5 days later showing " Closed at consumers request " Good riddance to the parasites !!!

Message 12 of 26
JeffMO
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Junk card started out as 500, offered 1 cli to 750 that i had to pay a service fee on scores all over 700 never offered another increase seems as if they increase you only if you stay in debt and they collect that sweet interest money, called in April to cancel offered 3 months no fee to not close called today to close, took me back under 25k in lines but I think that card was just a blemish on my profile bucketed cap 1 will be next

Just did the same thing little over a week ago, capital one is next😏 good for you!

Capital one 500, Discover 11.1k. UMB Signature visa 18.5k, DW UMB card Auth user 16K. Citi Costco anywhere 26.6k, Amazon Prime 22.3K
BH/Comenity Photo 10k Lowes advantage 35k
AAOA 2y4m, oldest 5 years. 0 collections. 125k income, Util 1% inq 1/12. 1/24. 30/60/90 = 0, No derog's, clean file. Rebuilding started 4 years ago.
Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 795
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 26
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats great job!

Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closed those clowns out caused me to lose 1 point on vantage dont care

Message 15 of 26
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Closed those close clowns out caused me ti lose 1 put on vantage dont care

1 point can be devastatingSmiley Sad. I would reapply asap and recover that point back. In these times other lenders may cli you for that error. 

Message 16 of 26
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@JeffMO wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just did the same thing little over a week ago, capital one is next😏 good for you!

Good for you @Anonymous !!!!  Congrats on turning another credit page.

@JeffMO Have you called to upgrade it to QS?  Is it the regular Plat or secured?  If regular, get on that phone....get you some rewards and then ask for a drop in apr and then ask for a couple extra k's.  Ask, ask, ask.  Might hit the sweet spot 3/4/3. Doesn't hurt to ask, 2 out of 3 ain't bad, 1 out of 3 ain't bad, 0 is bad.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 17 of 26
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Screenshot_20200707-205438.png

Close one and another door opens....too bad im being a good boy and am in the garden

(I'll say this right up front...I'm a bad person, bad influence) 

Okay, now don't you need 3 cards for scoring purposes?  Someone, anyone?  That excuse worked for me and it did help.

Message 18 of 26
JeffMO
Regular Contributor

It is a secured platinum that will never unsecure. Words right out of their mouth. I've called, complained and anything else I can think of and no joy. It's just a dead weight as far as I'm concerned.  I even tried writing to the CEO out of desperation and all that got me was a phone call from one of his subordinates telling me the same story as before  ☹  but as you can see I played the game and waited it out and now I dont need them, so sad for them because I'm so loyal they would have had a customer forever.

Anyways i am an authorized user on my fiancé UMB account so I have ample room still, but I might apply for another card to replace it im not sure yet. I'm pretty picky with what I want. 

Still think it's worth trying @GApeachy ? Smiley Happy

Capital one 500, Discover 11.1k. UMB Signature visa 18.5k, DW UMB card Auth user 16K. Citi Costco anywhere 26.6k, Amazon Prime 22.3K
BH/Comenity Photo 10k Lowes advantage 35k
AAOA 2y4m, oldest 5 years. 0 collections. 125k income, Util 1% inq 1/12. 1/24. 30/60/90 = 0, No derog's, clean file. Rebuilding started 4 years ago.
Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 795
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 26
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@JeffMO wrote:

Still think it's worth trying @GApeachy ? Smiley Happy

You like skeet shooting? Throw that bird way high in the skySmiley LOL

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.