Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just curious

tag
montana586
Regular Contributor

Just curious

I called amex today to see if I could find out what my score was when I was approved and the csr told me that a separate letter was mailed out along with my card. I kno that when a person is denied credit they mail you the resons for denial along with a score. Has anyone else received their score in the mail along with their card? I really want to kno what it was any suggestions? They made it seem as it wasn't something they could discuss over the phone 

Starting Score: 675EQ 698 TU
Current Score: 698TU 675EQ
Goal Score: 720+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

EQ fico 675
Trans Fico 698
EX662
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Just curious

Two reasons you won't get a score 

1) you got the best terms

2) the terms on the card are standard to everyone 

Other than that if your not given the best terms they must supply you with a score

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 11
BigBS
Senior Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Two reasons you won't get a score 

1) you got the best terms

2) the terms on the card are standard to everyone 

Other than that if your not given the best terms they must supply you with a score

Exactly right.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 3 of 11
montana586
Regular Contributor

Well with that said thank you. ... so obviously that csr didn't kno what she was talking about i was approved for discover the same day so that also applies for them as well as well all other approvals no matter the lender?

EQ fico 675
Trans Fico 698
EX662
Message 4 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@montana586 wrote:

I called amex today to see if I could find out what my score was when I was approved and the csr told me that a separate letter was mailed out along with my card. I kno that when a person is denied credit they mail you the resons for denial along with a score. Has anyone else received their score in the mail along with their card? I really want to kno what it was any suggestions? They made it seem as it wasn't something they could discuss over the phone 

I think you will get the 2nd letter with score as csr stated.

Message 5 of 11
Mailak
Frequent Contributor

@montana586 wrote:

I received scores from Discover but not Amex or Chase after being approved. They supposedly provide it if you don't get the best terms and if the score was a factor in consideriation. They sent me an EQ FICO of 820, so I have no idea what that was about, ha.

PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards (19.5k), Amex BCE (9k), Chase Sapphire Reserve (30k), Chase Freedom Unlimited (14.5k), Chase Marriott Premier (19k), Discover More (10k)
Message 6 of 11
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Hmmm..I got my score from Amex when i got approved.........

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 7 of 11
montana586
Regular Contributor

@member by phone or mail?

EQ fico 675
Trans Fico 698
EX662
Message 8 of 11
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@montana586 wrote:
@Anonymous by phone or mail?

By mail. Its in the same envelop youy card came in. All my Amex cards came with a credit score. Well, you might have to pay attention a little more to all the papers in the envelop in order to find it, but i can assure you can it's there. Heck, i've yet to receive a card that didn't come with my credit score. Also,the reps can see your score, they just can't tell you. They're not allowed to.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 9 of 11
montana586
Regular Contributor

@member ur awesome thank u ill go back over the paperwork I put it away glad I didn't throw it out

EQ fico 675
Trans Fico 698
EX662
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.