cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just finished paying off balance on old CC!!!

tag
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Just finished paying off balance on old CC!!!

As I've posted on previous threads, last year all of my CCs were maxed out and/or over their limits. Three of my cards were cancelled, and so last summer I took stock of my finiancial life and began to rebuild. One of the first thing that I did was pay off the active accounts aggressively while making smaller payments of the cancelled cards. By November, the active cards were sitting at a zero balance, and from that point forward, were PIF monthly when they were used.

I turned my attention to the cancelled cards. Two of them will be paid off completely next month, but I just finished paying off the third one today!!!!!! No more interest! No more payment reminders! If feels soooooo good to know that I'll never have to worry about paying that particular bill again -- done, over, finished!!!!!

I just wanted to post something here so that I could celebrate with my FICO friends! Getting out of debt feels GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Just finished paying off balance on old CC!!!

Good for you! Any debt pay off is a wonderful feeling.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 9
barbaralee
Established Contributor

Great for you! Yay!!! A hard lesson learned, but a lesson worth learning.

Message 3 of 9
smc733
Valued Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

I paid off a $667 student loan that was reporting as a separate account on my CRs, and though insignificant compared to my $54k in loans, it felt great!

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 4 of 9
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@smc733 wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

I paid off a $667 student loan that was reporting as a separate account on my CRs, and though insignificant compared to my $54k in loans, it felt great!

Thanks, everyone!

@smc733: I agree. I think it's because it's a single, discreet item that can be checked off of one's list. Even if it's, small, it leaves one with a sense of accomplishment!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 5 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Wonderful work!

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 9
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Being debt free is a wonderful feeling!

I am down to paying off one last card and I will be able to join you! For me, it has been a long road...

Congrats!

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 7 of 9
seruby
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!!!!!

Message 8 of 9
score_building
Senior Contributor

What a great feeling and accomplishment, keep up the good work! 

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.