Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got AF notice from BoA

tag
jim44
Established Contributor

Re: Just got AF notice from BoA

@newhis wrote:

I had to chat, secure mail and call 3 times until I found someone willing to remove the AF. My secured card was Cash Rewards (converted after 1 week from regular secured card to cash rewards secured card).

DW was able to call 1 time, ask for lower APR (lowered from 20.24% to 14.9%) then asked for AF removal, and they said 'let me check'...'no problem'.

Also you can call and ask PC to Cash Rewards or Travel Rewards.

Good luck.

Yes Good luck OP.  In the same situation.  Called several times asking if they would wave the AF... no dice.  I asked for a PC to a non AF card... again no dice.  From my understanding it may depend on the cardholder's past relationship with BoA or maybe their present CS or CH. I was told in all the times I spoke with an CA's that I've have to apply for a new card with no AF.  Let us know your results! 

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called the BOA backdoor number and they processed the product change for me. I've been a BOA customer since 2006 (checking & credit card), not sure if that makes a difference. When I originally got the card back in 2006 there was no annual fee and they later introduced one. My card has always been unsecured too, not sure if that makes a difference either. Since it is my oldest credit card I didnt want to close it so I called the backdoor number to do a product change. The lady processed it over the phone without any issues and she was very friendly. I'd try calling the backdoor number and see if you can get someone who will work with you. Good luck!

Message 12 of 15
TheConductor
Established Contributor

@newhis wrote:

Also you can call and ask PC to Cash Rewards or Travel Rewards.

Good luck.

+1.  i called and ask for product change options on my PP card and they offered me these two as options. Converted to the Cash Rewards, no hard inquiry required.

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12), Total CL $1k on 2 TLs
Current: EQ 709 (CCT 2/4/15), EX 704 (CCT 2/4/15) , TU 702 (CCT 2/4/15), Total CL $110.3k on 14 TLs Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase United Explorer $16k, Amex SPG $13.5k, Barclaycard Ring MC $12.5k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Discover it $10.5k, C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Amex Hilton Surpass $2k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Citi BestBuy $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k, Amex BRG NPSL (> 10k),
Message 13 of 15
slicemans
Regular Contributor

Has anyone here able to pc to better balance card? With the new rules

Message 14 of 15
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@slicemans wrote:

Has anyone here able to pc to better balance card? With the new rules

General consensus is no, because folks were getting multiples of the BBR, hence abusing the rewards.

Signature needs updating
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.