cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got a discover IT, unable to view my FICO score though.

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Just got a discover IT, unable to view my FICO score though.

@Anonymous wrote:

So ive had a credit history for nearly 10 years now I have a house, cars, several credit cards since I was 18 but for some reason when I go to view my fico score in my account with discover it says i need to build a credit history and it can take up to 6 months. Is this only a discover thing or is this a entire credit history thing? I am a bit confused as i know i have a credit history...

You can always verify you have a credit history easily by signing up with say CreditKarma (for EQ and TU reports) or getting free ones from https://www.annualcreditreport.com/  (free from each CRA once a year, or more often if mandated by your state)   These wont give a FICO score but at least show that you do indeed have a credit record!

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I noticed mine showed up yesterday, so for me it was a little less than a month for it to show.  

Message 12 of 13
elim
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So ive had a credit history for nearly 10 years now I have a house, cars, several credit cards since I was 18 but for some reason when I go to view my fico score in my account with discover it says i need to build a credit history and it can take up to 6 months. Is this only a discover thing or is this a entire credit history thing? I am a bit confused as i know i have a credit history...

You can always verify you have a credit history easily by signing up with say CreditKarma (for EQ and TU reports) or getting free ones from https://www.annualcreditreport.com/  (free from each CRA once a year, or more often if mandated by your state)   These wont give a FICO score but at least show that you do indeed have a credit record!

+100   CK pretty much rocks for my weekly fix.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.