cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got approved for credit card?? What's your score?

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Just got approved for credit card?? What's your score?

wmarat wrote:
I have not applied for CC for 6 month, but was pre approved for morgage yesterday.

A-ha! We're about to have another happy homeowner. congrats!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 21 of 118
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

FutureMrsL wrote:
I got a Nordstrom Visa Signature last week with a 728 score and a Macy's card last month.  These are my first 2 cards since coming out of my rebuilding stage.  HTH!

Sounds like you stayed patient and didn't go apping until you got your scores where you wanted them. Nice work!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 22 of 118
tralyn05
Valued Member

I was approved last week for a Citi Hilton Honors Gold Card 5000. Pulled Eq 663

Husband  was approved for Best Buy only 800 .....should have applied in the store for this one

Message 23 of 118
itsjustmeibe
Regular Contributor

AMEX just reduced my limit on my Hilton Honors from 19k to $8,200. I have a $7,100 balance with 3.9% for life, but my utilization will now suffer.

So I app'd for 5 new cards on Friday.

Lexus Visa - They pulled TU, 7-10 day message

Wamu Platinum - They pulled TU, $5,000 instant

Wells Fargo - They pulled EX, $9,000 instant (I have my mortgage with them)

Citi Diamond Preferred - They pulled EQ, $3,000 instant

Bank of America - They pulled EQ - $7,000 instant

I am in DE & my EQ score is 747. Not sure of the others but I think lower because I have more inquiries on those (20+ as opposed to EQ only 5)

Message 24 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I got a Nordstrom Visa Signature last week with a 728 score and a Macy's card last month.  These are my first 2 cards since coming out of my rebuilding stage.  HTH!

Sounds like you stayed patient and didn't go apping until you got your scores where you wanted them. Nice work!

Thanks Haulingthescoreup!  That was exactly my plan.  Believe me, I got an itch a time or twenty Smiley Wink  I had my little Orchard Bank card, which was good for the time being, I wanted to make sure I was ready. Feels good though!
Message 25 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

Three weeks ago I apped for three (all within 4 days of each other):  Citi Plat ($7k cl), BoA Plat ($12k) and Exxon/Mobil ($1k).  All approved.

All three now show up on EX and EQ, only BoA showing on TU (as of today).

I haven't pulled FICOs for EX and TU yet, but thru ScoreWatch, my EQ score fell 23 pts for the new accts.  All inqs were on EX.

Message 26 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

kay jewelers $3000, target $200, tu 640, eq 624, ex 652
Message 27 of 118
strawbrygrl13
Established Member

Still rebuilding - these were the first credit cards I've been issued in 10 years.

Nov. 7th: Patelco Visa Classic/$1k

Nov. 13: Automatic preapproval for a Macy's Visa/$2K (already had a Macy's store card, $600 TL)

Starting Score: 564 (08/2013)
Current Score: 04/17/2017 684
Goal Score: 750

Message 28 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got approved for a $5,700 BoA Platinum Plus Visa with an equifax score of 775.
Message 29 of 118
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Hope so. Thanks.

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@wmarat wrote:
I have not applied for CC for 6 month, but was pre approved for morgage yesterday.

A-ha! We're about to have another happy homeowner. congrats!

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 30 of 118
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.