cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got approved for credit card?? What's your score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just got approved for credit card?? What's your score?

Chase United Mileage Plus Visa Signature 17K

TU 795 - EQ 795 - EX 793

Message 51 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

My scores are around the same as yours.  I got the target card 3 months ago with 200.00 limit and increased to 500 this month.  I applied for kay online and it said i had to wait 20 days for a decision.  I did get a wallmart card 500 limit and macys card 100 limit last month.  Did you apply for kay online or in the store.  Do you think a notification by mail is a auto decline?  Maybe I've applied for too many cards in 3 months.  What do you think?
Message 52 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just have a question. On the FICO site they list credit cards according to your score. Are these cards that list in these sections misleading? For example AMEX Clear lists in the search as a card for those with fair credit.

What do yall think. Is is waorth applying for or AMEX is misleading those to apply?

Message 53 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

Someone posted that they are misleading and not completely accurate.  But I don't know from personal experience, sorry!
Message 54 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I did a little research and found that some o the cards listed under the FICO CC Finder as those for those with Fair Credit are listed on other sites for those with Good and or Excellent credit.

Another tool that I found helpful someone on this site gave me was the who gave me credit.

Message 55 of 118
orky626
New Contributor

Approved for Hooters MC $500. Not much.  Wasn't instantly approved online.  Had to call backdoor number immediatly to find out why and they reviewed the application and approved me.  Many on the forums have had to go through the same thing.

Equifax: 656
Experian:645
Transunion:659
Message 56 of 118
score_building
Senior Contributor

12/11 - Discover More 2k. TU 686.
Message Edited by score_building on 12-13-2008 09:29 AM
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 57 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nov 2008

CitiBank Line of Credit: $2000 (overdraft credit)

Approved when I opened a Citi Checking acount.

FICO 10/22/08: TU: 656; EX: 657 EQ: 653

EQ took a 7 point dive about 2 weeks after I opened this account.

2 days ago my SW - EQ jumped to 671 - don't know how that happened, probably the new CL is helping my overall utilization.

Message 58 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA Accelerated Cash Rewards (or whatever it's called) AmEx. 

They pulled Equifax, score was 718 (it's now 714 thanks to the inq, but I'm too lazy to change it in my sig). Piddly $1500 CL, which makes it almost my smallest one (CapOne is $1050 and my Banana Republic store card is $600). Bah. 

Message 59 of 118
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

BofA Accelerated Cash Rewards (or whatever it's called) AmEx. 

They pulled Equifax, score was 718 (it's now 714 thanks to the inq, but I'm too lazy to change it in my sig). Piddly $1500 CL, which makes it almost my smallest one (CapOne is $1050 and my Banana Republic store card is $600). Bah. 

If your reports are clean ask for a CLI at activation. No hard pull I would see what they could do for you as you want to make it your everyday card yada yada. 

Message 60 of 118
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.