cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got approved for credit card?? What's your score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just got approved for credit card?? What's your score?

@smallfry wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

BofA Accelerated Cash Rewards (or whatever it's called) AmEx. 

They pulled Equifax, score was 718 (it's now 714 thanks to the inq, but I'm too lazy to change it in my sig). Piddly $1500 CL, which makes it almost my smallest one (CapOne is $1050 and my Banana Republic store card is $600). Bah. 

If your reports are clean ask for a CLI at activation. No hard pull I would see what they could do for you as you want to make it your everyday card yada yada. 

I think I will grit my teeth and ask (I say 'grit my teeth' as I hate asking for things like that, for some reason - silly, I know!) - I have no baddies of any sort, just a short credit history (19 months) and low AAoAs (12 months, more like 11.7 with this new account!). Can't hurt to ask, though.... right?! I'm not expecting them to give me $15,000 or anything like that, although I was hoping for more like $5,000, but would happily take, well, anything more than the current CL, right now! The potential for nice CLs in the future being the whole reason I caved in and applied, y'see. Smiley Happy I think it would help if I had balances to transfer, but... I don't, so I can't even talk them into wanting to give me a nice big CL to accommodate my existing balances! 

I will report back on what they say, when I've done the teeth-gritting and the CLI-asking. I was hoping the card would arrive in today's mail (it's been showing on my reports for a few days now), but no sign of it. Oh well - maybe Monday! 

(edited because I realised my credit history is now a whopping 19 months, rather than 18 - I'm sure that'll make all the difference in the world when I call BofA. Smiley Wink

Message Edited by fevmlo on 12-13-2008 12:55 PM
Message 61 of 118
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I would stress everyday card.
Message 62 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smallfry wrote:
I would stress everyday card.
Oh, I definitely will stress that when I summon up the courage to call (needing the card in my possession first, of course!) - will say that I want to use it for everything, and although I always PIF, I don't want to have to worry about getting even remotely close to my limit. Hopefully that will swing me a bit extra. D'you know if they ask how much you want, or just tell you how much they can give you? I'd much prefer the latter - like I said, I hate asking for things! Smiley Wink  

(and thank you, by the way! Smiley Happy
Message Edited by fevmlo on 12-13-2008 01:13 PM
Message 63 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went ahead and applied for my credit union (Addison Avenue) rewards platinum card.  Pulled Experian, at last check was around 711 but that was a month ago.  EQ has gone up considerably since then, so maybe EX has too.

Requested 15K and got it with the lowest rate offered at 5.99% and 3.99% BT for a year!! With this one and Nordstrom Visa sig, I am good for a while after I apply for home depot tomorrow to take advantage of the 6 months no interest for some small bathroom upgrades.  I am going to hold off on the big banks cards for a while- they make me nervous Smiley Happy  I couldn't have done it without this site!!! 

Message 64 of 118
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

Hi!  Awesome thread!

I got...

Best Buy- $2200

Macy's- I have no idea

American Signature- $2000 + and I am furious with them, because the sales guy PROMISED that they do a soft, and of course, it wasn't.  I will not be using the line of credit, and I am writing to corporate, because the "gentleman" LIED. 

I was "put on hold" for Home Depot.  Hoping to hear something from them; it has been a week since I apped.  We'll see. 

Done apping for a good long while.  I just wanted to diversify my credit profile a little bit.  

Here are my current scores:

EX-690 (pulled by American Signature and Macy's)

EQ- 662

TU-642

PFICO- TU- 671

Transunion hates me, for some reason. 

WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 65 of 118
guydiver
Established Contributor

Hi everyone. I was approved for two new accounts yesterday.

Kay Jewelers: $7800, don't know who they pulled yet.

Lowe's: $6750, GEMB pulled TU, just hit my truecredit alerts. First INQ on TU for me.

MyFico scores:

12/7- EQ 696

12/10-TU 685

12/10-EX 679

Message 66 of 118
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

WAMU- 500.00

Target-200.00

Bass Pro-500.00

Circuit City-1000.00

Old Navy-450.00

Orchard Bank 2% cash back rewards-300.00

Chevron/Texico gas card-Don't know limit yet

Crown Jewlers-2500.00

All cards within the last 4 months. Fico scores in the low 600's. BK in 4/04. A few medical collections as recently as 02/08. I think I will chill out now on the apps. I have what I want for now and would like to buy a car in one year, and then a house in another year. These cards should help my score over time.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 67 of 118
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

guydiver wrote:

Hi everyone. I was approved for two new accounts yesterday.

Kay Jewelers: $7800, don't know who they pulled yet.

Lowe's: $6750, GEMB pulled TU, just hit my truecredit alerts. First INQ on TU for me.

MyFico scores:

12/7- EQ 696

12/10-TU 685

12/10-EX 679

Congrats, and very nice CL on the Lowe's card! Lots of members here haven't seen anywhere near that figure.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 68 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay....I only know my EQ score, which is 562. I just this week got the following:

Kays~$1500

Walmart~$250

Dillards~$300

Macy's~$100

Fingerhut~$300

I got the you will heard from us message from Old Navy, Victoria's Secret, and JC Penney. Strange. I wonder if there is any chance for any of them?

Message 69 of 118
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Okay....I only know my EQ score, which is 562. I just this week got the following:

Kays~$1500

Walmart~$250

Dillards~$300

Macy's~$100

Fingerhut~$300

I got the you will heard from us message from Old Navy, Victoria's Secret, and JC Penney. Strange. I wonder if there is any chance for any of them?

your probably giving GE an overload of new apps... JCPenney and Old Navy are going to see your apps from walmart and dillards, 4 in 1 week might be to many, but congrats on the 5 new cards! 

Message 70 of 118
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.