cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got approved for credit card?? What's your score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just got approved for credit card?? What's your score?

While visiting my local WaMu branch earlier this month to make a deposit to my checking account, branch personnel talked me into applying for a MasterCard. Didn't need it - I've got far more credit than I could ever use safely - but curiosity got the better of me, so I went ahead with the app.

App was approved. CL is $26K. Scores (as of October) are 783 TU / 768 EQ / 808 EX. 

Message 101 of 118
Susyflower
New Contributor

I also posted this in the "Holiday Love" thread as well.... 

On 11/24 I apped for a HSBC/Menards card...was approved at $2500 CL.  It has like a 21 % APR if you don't take advantage of their financing options.  They pulled TU.  I haven't pulled my FICOs recently but FAKO TU score is around 713.

Yesterday I applied for the HSBC/Best Buy store card...was approved $3,000 CL.  They also pulled TU...go figure...everybody does in WI.  We took advantage of the 3 yrs no interest financing they are running on HDTV's over $899.  My BF and I got an awesome deal on a 52" Sharp LCD TV for $1399.

I told my BF not to get his hopes up on getting approved at Best Buy since I have so many recent inquires on TU.  We just bought a house and since his credit score is way low I've been doing the apping in order to have a better shot at getting approved.

Message 102 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

geeze...credit crunch? I just got approved for national city lifespring rewards visa which i read  had good rewards, for 1k.  in the last month this is my 4th new card
Message 103 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just Applied for BofA AmEX, got approved for $6500.

M Fico score is 675 

Message 104 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just Applied for BofA AmEX, got approved for $6500.

M Fico score is 675 

Nice! Congrats - wish they'd approved me for that kind of CL when I apped a few weeks ago. I got $1,500 - talked them into increasing it to $2,500, but still.  

Message 105 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

coud you please provide me the link for card
Message 106 of 118
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
coud you please provide me the link for card

http://www2.bankofamerica.com/creditcards/?context_id=marketing_detail&offer_id=ECOMM090BAWQ00300100122250EN000&requestTimeout=120&router_flag=y
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 107 of 118
Math_Rocks
Established Contributor

Finishing apping for the year. (Want to be app free for 2009.)

Me: EQ 665 PFICO 630

Walmart $1200 @ 15.99%

Sam's Club $1050 @ ?

HSBC $1100 @ 19.99% (crummy - haven't activated)

B of A denied (which I expected) but offered secured - still thinking about

Exxon denied

DH:EQ 668 PFICO 630

Sam's Club $1050

Shell $500

Cap One denied (this was an app for a 2nd card - Smiley Mad)

Our Ch. 7 BK is more than 7 years old now but our overall utilization is about 53%.

Filed Chapter 13 April 2012. Case successfully closed May 2017, about 1 month after 60th payment. FAKO scores on close date: TU 695 EQ 697. Received discharge July 11th - took forever! Real EX day of discharge 624.
Message 108 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smallfry wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

BofA Accelerated Cash Rewards (or whatever it's called) AmEx. 

They pulled Equifax, score was 718 (it's now 714 thanks to the inq, but I'm too lazy to change it in my sig). Piddly $1500 CL, which makes it almost my smallest one (CapOne is $1050 and my Banana Republic store card is $600). Bah. 

If your reports are clean ask for a CLI at activation. No hard pull I would see what they could do for you as you want to make it your everyday card yada yada. 

Just wanted to follow up on this!
I called immediately after activating the card and managed to get a CLI from $1500 to $2500. That still wasn't even remotely in line with what I'd been hoping to get as an initial CL from BofA, though (especially as my last lot of offers on the preapprovals page, which I'd resisted until they expired, offered a $3000 CL), and so I called the backdoor number yesterday to see if there was any way they might be able to increase it a bit more. I'd like to be able to give this card a decent amount of use, and as the decent amount of use I have in mind involves buying furniture/appliances throughout the year (and always paying off immediately if possible, and failing that within 2-3 months max), a $2500 limit wasn't going to get me very far without messing up my utilization.
The lady I spoke to in (whatever department the backdoor # goes to) was VERY nice, and spent some time going over a few things, before putting me on hold for a good long while. Came back with a $5000 CL, which showed up on my account immediately. (No hard pull, of course). So that's now my second-highest CL, after my Blue Cash. 
Much, much happier with that - that's much more in line with what I'd been hoping to start out with with BofA! She did say that were it not for the (short) length of my credit history, they'd have given me a bigger initial CL. I'm thinking I should just be very very patient and resist the urge to ask for any CLIs from them now, and let their (generous, if the ones my husband's got are anything to go by) auto-CLIs happen when they will.  Smiley Happy 

Message 109 of 118
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Great CLI! I think you'll see that future ones come pretty quickly.

How long is your US credit history now? I'm guessing that once you pass 2 years, or maybe 3, they'll love you to death.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 110 of 118
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.