Just got approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Just got approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SpecFile wrote:
Fused,

What are TLs? 

TL = tradelines (accounts, good or bad on your CRs) here's the guide to common abbrev's link

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=ficoscoring&thread.id=1325

Message 11 of 23
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Lori,

I don't think they do FRs on 3k CLs.  They're probably trying to fry the bigger fish if you know what I mean.
Message 12 of 23
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Thanks Fused.
Message 13 of 23
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Ok, I can't take anymore...I need my luv fix. Be right back...I'm going to have a make-out session with the luv button.Smiley Happy Maybe I'll ask for a total CL of 50K.Smiley Tongue
Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Card cancelled muhahahaaaa..
Message 15 of 23
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

lmao.
Message 16 of 23
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

your caed was cancelled affet asking for a CL?
Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for an amex blue cash at 4600.  activated the card once I got it (6 days after approval online), requested and was approved for a CLI to 6000 two days after.  did it online, got instant approval.  as long as you correctly stated your HHI, there shouldn't be any worry!

good luck!
Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

I recently had a FR with AMEX.  I have 4 of their credit cards. One is a corporate card and the others are person cards.

My first Amex card was a credit limit of $2,800 I received that card in Sept.2006.  I then applied and received several credit line increases over the next few months.  Amex lets you request the amount you want to increase.

As of May 07 I applied for the blue and got a $10K CL. I currently have over $25K in credit with AMEX.

A FR can be trigged by anything, even with a very low credit limit.  I did a ton of research when I got my FR request.  I found people that had their AMEX cards for years and never used more than a $500.00 others had $100K in credit.

There is no hard rule on why they do FR.  I would suggest now applying for CLs unless your scores are higher.  Also ask for one big increase instead of requesting multiple CLs.

I hope this helps.  I was bankrupt at one time and now working to increase my scores over 800. 

Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I just got approved for a delta amex!!!!!!!! BUT - CL is $1,000.00. how do I ask for CL increase?

Congrats over!!! I hit the CLI (luv button) when I received and activated my card. I didn't convert to another card, nor did I apply for multiple cards with them. I've had the card since early June, I've hit the card pretty hard (vacation), but paid to 2% utl right away. No FR (financial review) yet. Knock on wood. btw they gave me 2K on approval and a 1k increase. Not much, but I not going to complain. With a good history, I'm sure they'll show me the luv down the line.
Again, congrats!!!

Gosh darnit now I gotta hit the button...........Smiley Very Happy

Hah! I got greedy and requested for a 3k increase on my card... got approved. No more though. The next time I get a cli from amex, it will be automatic. I ain't pushing anymore buttons. If I'm not too careful, it could be the big red button!!!!
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.