Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just hit the capital one luv button

tag
shasta
Regular Contributor

Just hit the capital one luv button

I figured what the heck, I don't have anything to lose. Bam, instant $500 increase/approval! I do have a long history with Capital one, about 15 years now. Had one paid charge off with them about 8 years ago, and currently have 2 open accounts with them. Never been late on my most recent card, had it about 18 months now. $500 limit to open, $750 after 3 months, and I was denied cli after trying through the chat feature. So, I am pretty happy.

On a side note, my mother has had her cap one for over a year, $1500 limit to start, pushed to $2500 after 3 months. She just hit the love button and was denied. Her scores are in the high 700's, mine are in the high 600's. She received a letter stating that she has "too much activity on her card". What the hell? She has about 40% utilization and always makes big payments. My utilization is about 90% and I just make the minimum payments.

Go figure..............

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Just hit the capital one luv button

@shasta wrote:

I figured what the heck, I don't have anything to lose. Bam, instant $500 increase/approval! I do have a long history with Capital one, about 15 years now. Had one paid charge off with them about 8 years ago, and currently have 2 open accounts with them. Never been late on my most recent card, had it about 18 months now. $500 limit to open, $750 after 3 months, and I was denied cli after trying through the chat feature. So, I am pretty happy.

On a side note, my mother has had her cap one for over a year, $1500 limit to start, pushed to $2500 after 3 months. She just hit the love button and was denied. Her scores are in the high 700's, mine are in the high 600's. She received a letter stating that she has "too much activity on her card". What the hell? She has about 40% utilization and always makes big payments. My utilization is about 90% and I just make the minimum payments.

Go figure..............

Congrats so the luv button is working now 

Have seen results the last 4 days 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 6
andantino

I got a $500 increase about 3 weeks ago by hitting the button. Just sent a private message to Capital One on Facebook and told them thanks for the button but no thanks for the tiny increase. Today I got a call from the EO asking what increase I would like to have. Told them $3000 and was told they would review my account and call me Monday.

Fingers crossed!
Message 3 of 6
NibblesTreats
Frequent Contributor

I know this thread is a couple months old, but I was hoping someone could tell me what th e"luv" button is on these credit cards.  I've tried the traditional way to get an increase through Cap. 1 and was denied.  Could you tell me how you've recieved your increases?

Starting Score: TU 607, EX 606, EQ 611
Current Score: TU 675, EX 671, EQ 654 - FAKO scores TU 744, EX 735, EQ 728 - I wish these were my real scores!
Goal Score: 750 across the board. Simulator says 806 if I stay on track for 24 months
Message 4 of 6
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

If you go to card services there is link to request credit increase. However you could be denied. If you feel you should be given an increase & still want it you cam contact the EO.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 5 of 6
NibblesTreats
Frequent Contributor

MoreRewards, Thanks! I found it and was approved for $500 increases on both of my accounts. Smiley Happy  I wonder now if I could've done that sooner had I known. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: TU 607, EX 606, EQ 611
Current Score: TU 675, EX 671, EQ 654 - FAKO scores TU 744, EX 735, EQ 728 - I wish these were my real scores!
Goal Score: 750 across the board. Simulator says 806 if I stay on track for 24 months
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.