tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Just joined DCU!!!!!!

Message 251 of 344
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I just recieved notice that the inquiry from yesterday has posted. I guess we'll know if there was a second one done tomorrow or Friday. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 252 of 344
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@masscredit

Hopefully, she was able to 'view' your cr on her computer!
Message 253 of 344
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I just received notice from here that another inquiry from DCU has posted to my CR.  I don't know if that was from opening the checking account or if it was from the Visa app.

Seeing that they are from the same bank over two days, I wonder if they will be scored as 1 pull?  

Either way, it's Garden Time!!! 

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 254 of 344
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

The cc pull usually has 'DIGITAL FEDERAL CREDIT UN/CUDL' as the inquiry.
Message 255 of 344
Wahoo
Valued Member

I am am a member and my dad applied for membership to DCU last week and received a denial letter today.  After the online application they requested scanned copies of his driver's license and social security card.  These were scanned and emailed the next day.  The only problem I can think of was one of the verification questions was unfamiliar and we may have missed it.  His chexsystems is clean and he has been at the same address for 10 years.  His FICO scores are all over 700.

In the denial letter it states:

"The methods that we routinely use for remote validation of the information you have provided with your application have failed to provide us with the required level of positive authentication."

"Please note that for security reasons we are unable to disclose what factors may have contributed to the denial.  This is a standard process that we follow for all applicants."

Is there any recourse here?  How long would he have to wait to reapply?  I am ordering his LexisNexis file to try to figure out what the security questions may have been about.  Thanks for any help.

EX08: 832 (myFICO 10/07/14)
TU08: 806 (Walmart/MC 05/06/15)
TU08: 834 (myFICO 10/07/14)
EQ08: 830 (myFICO 10/07/14)
EQ04: 809 (Digital Credit Union 05/29/15)
Message 256 of 344
masscredit
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
The cc pull usually has 'DIGITAL FEDERAL CREDIT UN/CUDL' as the inquiry.

The one that just posted says -

DIGITAL FEDERAL CREDIT UNION
Inquiry date: 5/22/2013

That is the day that I was in there.  The notice that I received last night was for the inquiry from Tuesday when I called to apply for the auto loan. 

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 257 of 344
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 258 of 344
kroberts67
Established Contributor

@Wahoo wrote:

I am am a member and my dad applied for membership to DCU last week and received a denial letter today.  After the online application they requested scanned copies of his driver's license and social security card.  These were scanned and emailed the next day.  The only problem I can think of was one of the verification questions was unfamiliar and we may have missed it.  His chexsystems is clean and he has been at the same address for 10 years.  His FICO scores are all over 700.

In the denial letter it states:

"The methods that we routinely use for remote validation of the information you have provided with your application have failed to provide us with the required level of positive authentication."

"Please note that for security reasons we are unable to disclose what factors may have contributed to the denial.  This is a standard process that we follow for all applicants."

Is there any recourse here?  How long would he have to wait to reapply?  I am ordering his LexisNexis file to try to figure out what the security questions may have been about.  Thanks for any help.

Out of the garden for this, if I can get my car refied the HP (maybe 2...  crap) is worth it!  

So I applied for just checking/savings today and got a strange verification question...  it listed 4 names and asked me if I knew any of them.  I didn't.  I have a bad memory though!  I can't figure out who they people would be that they would ask you about?  I mean, who is connected to my credit report?  I've never been married.  I didn't realize my credit info would be connected to any member of my family.  Then another question asked what state my mom lived in, and they named her.  I suppose they could find out who I'm related to, I've just never run into this during any verification process before.  WEIRD!

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 259 of 344
elaine54

I've heard they ask very odd verification questions.  Someone even said they ask for the color of his automobile!  Did you get instant approval or need to fax in verification?  I think if you get all the questions right they might give you instant approval.  I'm getting ready to join in the next few weeks - hope I get some easy questions!

Message 260 of 344
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.