tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Just joined DCU!!!!!!

Message 231 of 344
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

they closed early today at 12pm. it was posted on their facebook page. they are having an employee cookout party or something.

Message 232 of 344
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 233 of 344
Ron1
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
They are open until 3pm EST. on Sat

I called them earlier. They were closed at 12:00 pm EST. on Sat.

Ron.

Message 234 of 344
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I was denied for an auto refi by 2 credit unions and a bank last Summer. Someone in the Auto Loan section of this site recommended DCU. I called and was approved for their lowest rate (2.49%). That will drop by another .50% after I set up an account. They have a branch about 45 minutes from my house so I'll be going there tomorrow. 

Seeing that I got a great rate for the car loan, I wonder if i should apply for a credit card while I am there?  

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 235 of 344
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@masscredit

They will use the same HP, it doesn't hurt to ask. Btw, I was extremely impressed with how fast they handled my refi.

Good luck!
Message 236 of 344
masscredit
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@masscredit

They will use the same HP, it doesn't hurt to ask. Btw, I was extremely impressed with how fast they handled my refi.

Good luck!

I was shocked that I received an answer so fast.  The woman took my info then told me to hold on, she was going to goto Underwritting with my app. 6-7 minutes later it was done.  You might remember my post from last week (Bk, tax liens ect...). I was very happy when she said that it was approved. I guess it won't hurt to inquire about a credit card while I am there. i just finished getting everything together to bring with me tomorrow.  It's been a very rewarding few weeks in my credit world. Thinks are really starting to get back on track! 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 237 of 344
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@masscredit

Fingers crossed that they will show you luv with a cc. Like I said last week, your CSs are not bad considering what you went through- its a sign that you have taken control of your credit responsibly. Hopefully, they will see it that way too!
Message 238 of 344
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:
@masscredit

Good luck!

Wait what?

AFAIK DCU re-uses pulls less often than Chase does... which is to say next to non-existent.  Did I miss something recently with regards to DCU?

        
Message 239 of 344
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Revelate

I was referring to masscredit approval for refi. They will use that same cr for a cc. I believe it's 30 days. Not to get confused with a sep HP for membership.
Message 240 of 344
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.