Did you mean: 

Just launched - Another credit card comparison site

tag
NoHardLimits
Established Contributor

Re: Just launched - Another credit card comparison site

@Aim_High wrote:

Thanks for the link, @NoMoreE46.

The problem with this and other websites that try to match cards to consumers is that picking the best cards is more complicated than most of these websites make it.   For one example, most consumers carry at least two or three cards; My Fico'ers may carry a dozen or more.  This website tries to pick (ONE) card for you that covers everything.  Another problem is what assumptions are made about credits against the AF.  The AMEX Gold card came up tops for me in quick scan.  I have that card, but I'm likely to close it because of my non-use of the credits. Howeve, when I click on "see the math" they are assuming someone will fully use the $240 in food delivery credits.  Also, far down my list is the Bank of America Premium Rewards card which shows the base earnings for it.  However, I'm Platinum Honors status in Preferred Rewards so my payout is much higher.  And once you get into the various perks, coming up with an accurate valuation can be a personal decision that is difficult to quantify. 

So IMO, these types of websites can be somewhat helpful to the casual card user who doesn't want to do their own research and calculations, but the end results are sometimes unrefined. 

I just input my estimated spending amounts into this site and found that you can drill down deep into the assumptions about the usage of credits by clicking on the "More (Optional)" sections.  If you are willing to scroll through the whole list and zero out the benefits that have no value to you, you can fine tune the results.

Overall, the tool seems to be good for pointing out cards that may not have drawn your attention before.  Then, it's up to you to figure out why the card was recommended and whether or not it deserves your consideration.

April 2024 Scorecard: Clean, Thick, Mature, NO New Revolver
FICO8:
VantageScore3:
Inquiries (n/12, n/24):
AAoA: 11 yrs | AoORA: 36 yrs | AoYRA: 12 mos | New Accounts: 0/6, 0/12, 2/24 | Util: 1% | DTI: 1%
Message 11 of 20
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@NoHardLimits wrote:

@Aim_High wrote:

The problem with this and other websites that try to match cards to consumers is that picking the best cards is more complicated than most of these websites make it.   For one example, most consumers carry at least two or three cards; My Fico'ers may carry a dozen or more.  This website tries to pick (ONE) card for you that covers everything.  Another problem is what assumptions are made about credits against the AF.  The AMEX Gold card came up tops for me in quick scan.  I have that card, but I'm likely to close it because of my non-use of the credits. Howeve, when I click on "see the math" they are assuming someone will fully use the $240 in food delivery credits.  Also, far down my list is the Bank of America Premium Rewards card which shows the base earnings for it.  However, I'm Platinum Honors status in Preferred Rewards so my payout is much higher.  And once you get into the various perks, coming up with an accurate valuation can be a personal decision that is difficult to quantify. 

So IMO, these types of websites can be somewhat helpful to the casual card user who doesn't want to do their own research and calculations, but the end results are sometimes unrefined. 

I just input my estimated spending amounts into this site and found that you can drill down deep into the assumptions about the usage of credits by clicking on the "More (Optional)" sections.  If you are willing to scroll through the whole list and zero out the benefits that have no value to you, you can fine tune the results.

Overall, the tool seems to be good for pointing out cards that may not have drawn your attention before.  Then, it's up to you to figure out why the card was recommended and whether or not it deserves your consideration.

Good stuff, thank you for the DP!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 12 of 20
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@NoHardLimits wrote:

@Aim_High wrote:

Good stuff, thank you for the DP!

Right and thanks @NoHardLimits

This tool can be quite involving but it can produce tailored results if one invests time into it. 

Message 13 of 20
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Link removed 

Please remember, links to monetized websites/channels aren't allowed.

On that same topic, the whole purpose of these sites/channels is to make money via referrals, so take recommendations with five tons of salt.

You're better of giving referral money to friends/family while doing your own research 

Thank you 

Overly Cautious Grandma Remedios 

Message 14 of 20
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Sorry my bad @Remedios.   Ok no monetizing links.

Can I provide the name as plain text?

Message 15 of 20
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

Sorry my bad @Remedios.   Ok no monetizing links.

Can I provide the name as plain text?

Nothing to be sorry about 

Yes, plain text is fine (gotta love semantics) 

Message 16 of 20
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@NoMoreE46:  yes please, since Remedios had approved posting the name of the credit card info provider/website, if you please list the name, that would be great, since currently there is no info available at the present time to be able to take a look, etc.?  Thanks!  Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 20
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Ok, the site is findmeacard.com

Message 18 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

Ok, the site is findmeacard.com

Oh we should mask it more in the "old" way  findmeacard "dot" com

Message 19 of 20
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Or, crossword style 

1) Ask someone to locate you a piece of rectangular plastimetal "on the webz" 

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.