Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just looked- CLD from American Express

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just looked- CLD from American Express

soon as my BoA Amex reaches the CL of my Delta Amex card  the delta card will be sock drawed.  It's not nice to always wonder if you're next to be CLD.
Message 41 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

OT, but.... 

Wmarat-

Where did you get the list of potentially risky purchases???

Can they really profile you based on what types of products you buy? Esp the one about medical bills --- that's just scary.

Message 42 of 45
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Message 43 of 45
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

OT, but.... 

Wmarat-

Where did you get the list of potentially risky purchases???

Can they really profile you based on what types of products you buy? Esp the one about medical bills --- that's just scary.

I don't know abou Wmarat's list, but some CCC's and AMEX in particular are now profiling their customers accounts based on what the card is used to purchase. What you purchase can have a very negative effect on the future of your relationship. I noted with interest yesterday that this practive is being cited (among many other acts) by the FTC in an action against a CCC for bad behavior.

If you want to read up go here:

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2008/06/compucredit.shtm

Important part:

The FTC alleges that CompuCredit violated the FTC Act by misrepresenting the amount of credit that would be available immediately to consumers, failing to disclose up-front fees, failing to disclose that certain purchases could reduce a consumer’s credit limit, and misrepresenting a debt collection program as a credit card offer. Jefferson Capital allegedly violated the FTC Act and FDCPA by misrepresenting a debt collection program as a credit card offer and using abusive collection tactics such as making debt collection calls to individual consumers more than 20 times per day, including before 8 a.m. and after 9 p.m., and on Sundays.

Message 44 of 45
oracles
Valued Contributor

This is extremely scary
Message 45 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.