Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just my luck with 3x61 cli

tag
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

Just my luck with 3x61 cli

Hey guys, my 61 days on my BSP is next week, I just paid down almost all debt within the last 2 weeks, went from 40 % util. To 1% util. In prep for the cli, well Amex was sp-ing me like 5-6 times a month for the last few months but guess what, last sp was 8/30, they have not sp in a month so the last sp still shows my util. At 40%, Omg, I have to wait until they sp before I can go for my 3x61! And on a side note, I have now gone through 2 complete statements and they are still not reporting to any cb and have still not giving me any points, are they usually that lax? Sorry for typos cell phone lol

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Just my luck with 3x61 cli

thats strange but if you requested it couldn't they do a fresh SP?

Message 2 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

No, they won't do a fresh sp. If your last one showed your util that high, I'd wait. You might have to wait a week or so but it will be worth it if you've dropped your util that low.
Message 3 of 11
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

*** UPDATE ***

I am now at my 64th day, I am really wanting to go for my 3xcli, amex has still not pulled a new SP since aug 30th! over 5 weeks without a sp, and like I said earlier, they were are about 4 a month strong for a long time, its like they know im waiting lol

Message 4 of 11
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

How did you know about the soft pulls?? Score watch?? Or just pulling your report every month?

12/28/13 (Garden Start Date)

Message 5 of 11
GOldfishes
Contributor

I say just go for it. Life is too short to be scared about credit limit increases Smiley Tongue

Experian: 734 Equifax: 765 Transunion:776

BoA Cash Rewards($6500)|Fidelity Investment Rewards AMEX($5000)|Chase Freedom($4000)|
Chase Sapphire Preferred($6500)|Amex PRG ($NPSL)|Amex SPG($6000)|Amex Business Gold Rewards($NPSL)|Amex BCE ($10,200)|Citi AA Exec ($10,500)|
Message 6 of 11
zerobacan
Established Contributor

How about you go and do that. Will my purchase be approved thingy and force them to SP you..? Theb check it and request the cli...
Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 7 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

FWIW, my DH was only SPd once (Aug 28) and he received the full 3x CLI. But, his util was much lower too

Good luck if you decide to pull the trigger.
Message 8 of 11
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

guys, thanks for the advice but I cant just go for it, like I said in my original post, the last time they SP'd me I was at 40% util. now im at 1%, so I just have to wait, its just weird that they just stopped, and also, doing the "will my charge be approved" thingy doesnt initiate a SP, its an amex internal thing, but thanks for the suggestion. 

Message 9 of 11
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Use your Amex charge card to help get them to sp. Just make sure to pay it down before it reports and before you app for cli by a day or two.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.