cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just pushed Luv Button for Best Buy.......

tag
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

Just pushed Luv Button for Best Buy.......

Only will raise my limit $200.so I declined. Ive had the card for a while pif every month and have spent 3000 in a couple months. I want to make larger purchases but I cant with such a low limit. Is there a number I can call or should I wait?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Just pushed Luv Button for Best Buy.......

you may need to build up your credit line slowly over time.  you won't do that by refusing a soft inq. cli.  always accept a soft inq. cli no matter the amount unless there is a fee for it.  playing hard to get doesn't work if you want to build your line.  slow and steady wins the race.
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 12
laz98
Senior Contributor

be careful what you wish for.  i just got notice that they are raising our apr.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the same notice via email today about the APR increase that will go in effect on or around 04Feb09. There is the option to opt out by 27Jan09, but the account will be closed!  Thankfully, I am under a promotional  purchase that is 0% until Oct 2009, so I dodged a bullet with the APR increase.

I'm sorry you didn't get the CLI that you wanted or feel like you deserved but I would not have declined the $200 CLI. I recently requested a CLI for BB and got increased from $3300.00 to $4700.00. However, I asked for a CLI for Cap1 a few months ago and got denied! You could have knocked me over with a feather because my FICO is in the 700s, no baddies, excellent payment history, no CO or judgement, etc..I didn't ask for a reconsideration because I feel that in this current economic environment, that could easily trigger some sort of AA and that wouldn't be good at all!

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I got the same notice via email today about the APR increase that will go in effect on or around 04Feb09. There is the option to opt out by 27Jan09, but the account will be closed!  Thankfully, I am under a promotional  purchase that is 0% until Oct 2009, so I dodged a bullet with the APR increase.

I'm sorry you didn't get the CLI that you wanted or feel like you deserved but I would not have declined the $200 CLI. I recently requested a CLI for BB and got increased from $3300.00 to $4700.00. However, I asked for a CLI for Cap1 a few months ago and got denied! You could have knocked me over with a feather because my FICO is in the 700s, no baddies, excellent payment history, no CO or judgement, etc..I didn't ask for a reconsideration because I feel that in this current economic environment, that could easily trigger some sort of AA and that wouldn't be good at all!

Try the back door number with Cap 1.  I did and after 9.5 yers with a CL of $500 I got a $15K CLI.

I have yet to see an e-mail from BB about raising my APR, but my statement won't close until around this weekend, so it may still be coming.

Message 5 of 12
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

I wish there was someone I could talk to. Im seriously thinking about getting a Circuit City card now. Ive bought 2 tvs one was 800 the other was about 1200 I had to split the payment because my credit limit was so low (900) I bought 2 playstation 3's several games and a radio + sound system. Ive actually spent more than 3,000 in 5 months. I wish there was someone I could speak to I would spend lots more money (sadly) if I had at least a 2000 cl.

AS FOR THE INTEREST.....

They are indeed screwing there most loyal customers.....im really about to switch to Circuit City.

Message 6 of 12
MsKmm00
Regular Contributor

Circuit City is probably not a good choice since they have filed bankruptcy and are closing at least 130-150 stores at this time.

@tempusfugit123 wrote:

I wish there was someone I could talk to. Im seriously thinking about getting a Circuit City card now. Ive bought 2 tvs one was 800 the other was about 1200 I had to split the payment because my credit limit was so low (900) I bought 2 playstation 3's several games and a radio + sound system. Ive actually spent more than 3,000 in 5 months. I wish there was someone I could speak to I would spend lots more money (sadly) if I had at least a 2000 cl.

AS FOR THE INTEREST.....

They are indeed screwing there most loyal customers.....im really about to switch to Circuit City.

Message 7 of 12
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

@tempusfugit123 wrote:

AS FOR THE INTEREST.....

Sorry, but all CCCs are going to be doing this to a great many of their customers.  Now is the time to become a piffer, and possibly wait to buy things until pifrfing is possible.

It is not going to get easier to get unsecured credit (loans) for quite a while

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 8 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

"pifrfing"?

pifferfing? I shall have pifferfinged, you will have pifferfinged, they will have...
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 12
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
"pifrfing"?

pifferfing? I shall have pifferfinged, you will have pifferfinged, they will have...

Now a nice kind Mod would just use his or her awesome powers to correct the mistake  Smiley Very Happy

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.