Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just received offer to apply for Zync

tag
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Just received offer to apply for Zync

I just received an offer in today's mail to apply for a Zync card. The offer includes 10,000 bonus points if approved. I have a Green, and I've read that these can be linked and the rewards points transferred over to the Green. And of course, I would expect that it would be backdated to 1987, as is my Green, which would be quite desirable.

I've had my new Green card since the middle of May, and I'm finding that most of the purchases that I'm making with it are for eating out. I'm trying to decide whether or not it would be a good idea to go ahead and apply for this and put most of my dining expenses on it. DH and I do eat out several times a month and currently we don't have a card that offers good restaurant rewards -- only 1% on my Cap1 card.

Since I was very recently approved for a Green, are the odds good that I would be approved for a Zync? Currently, I have 3 inqs on Experian. I may want to app for a BoA card at the end of the year, and I believe that they tend to pull Ex. ; would adding another inq be too many for them? Also, does having more than one charge card increase the risk of AA or FR with Amex? I just got back into their good graces and don't want to do anything that could jeopardize it.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Just received offer to apply for Zync

@tinuviel wrote:

I just received an offer in today's mail to apply for a Zync card. The offer includes 10,000 bonus points if approved. I have a Green, and I've read that these can be linked and the rewards points transferred over to the Green. And of course, I would expect that it would be backdated to 1987, as is my Green, which would be quite desirable.

I've had my new Green card since the middle of May, and I'm finding that most of the purchases that I'm making with it are for eating out. I'm trying to decide whether or not it would be a good idea to go ahead and apply for this and put most of my dining expenses on it. DH and I do eat out several times a month and currently we don't have a card that offers good restaurant rewards -- only 1% on my Cap1 card.

Since I was very recently approved for a Green, are the odds good that I would be approved for a Zync? Currently, I have 3 inqs on Experian. I may want to app for a BoA card at the end of the year, and I believe that they tend to pull Ex. ; would adding another inq be too many for them? Also, does having more than one charge card increase the risk of AA or FR with Amex? I just got back into their good graces and don't want to do anything that could jeopardize it.

From what I remember you saying before, you were lucky in getting that AMEX green due to an older account, you don't wanna wake the bear do you?? Smiley Surprised

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 6
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@LS2982 wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

From what I remember you saying before, you were lucky in getting that AMEX green due to an older account, you don't wanna wake the bear do you?? Smiley Surprised

No, I don't. That's why I'm asking for feedback. I don't know if it's "safe to go back into the water," or if I should steer clear of any further offers from them. That's why I asked about thoughts of any risk of AA.

Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 3 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

No, I don't. That's why I'm asking for feedback. I don't know if it's "safe to go back into the water," or if I should steer clear of any further offers from them. That's why I asked about thoughts of any risk of AA.

It's a 50/50 thing. Me personally if i dodged their radar and got a card after prior accts. were not in good standing I would hold off for awhile. maybe a year, get some good history and my scores up and INQ's off and hope they look at "that" only Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 6
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@LS2982 wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

It's a 50/50 thing. Me personally if i dodged their radar and got a card after prior accts. were not in good standing I would hold off for awhile. maybe a year, get some good history and my scores up and INQ's off and hope they look at "that" only Smiley Happy

Sounds like a good idea. Thanks! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

Sounds like a good idea. Thanks! Smiley Happy

Our scores are nearly identical but I don't feel like I got a shot with AMEX yet. I'm hoping with 2 years of good history and my scores possibly being 700+ I can get in! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.