Did you mean: 

Just slammed by Comenity Bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just slammed by Comenity Bank

@Anonymous wrote:

@ecxpa wrote:

Just don't believe this......talked with Comenity today.......they reviewed my acct said that my card  should not have been closed.  I asked them was it because of the FRN mastercard I got back in November and they said no......told me to reapply.....they would not reopen the closed card.  May have been dumb but I did and got the following: 

Comenity Bank issues Total Rewards® Visa® credit card accounts.

Congratulations! 

Dear XXXXXX 

Congratulations, you're approved! We hope you'll enjoy all the benefits and advantages that come with your new Total Rewards® Visa® credit card account.

Account details:
Credit limit: $15,000

Your Total Rewards® Visa® credit card welcome package will arrive by mail within 7-10 business days.

They may review the account and close this card and if they do........I am done with Comenity

Oh my gosh, that has to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I don't get it. Your card wasn't supposed to be closed, and instead of just re-opening the same card back up, they make you apply for a new one. Wow... just wow.

Comenity. We take your cards away, then send you new ones the very same day.

Message 151 of 158
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't imagine them doing this.  They make money off of us.  I micro manage all of my accounts every Sunday and will check them.  I am a bit trigger happy when it comes to some of their accounts and credit limit increases.  I have the Comenity Cards that I use.  Nohting else. And been a Vickie's customer forever. I would call them and see whats going on.  Sure doesn't sound right. 

Message 152 of 158
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Can't imagine them doing this.  They make money off of us.  I micro manage all of my accounts every Sunday and will check them.  I am a bit trigger happy when it comes to some of their accounts and credit limit increases.  I have the Comenity Cards that I use.  Nothing else. And been a Vickie's customer forever. I would call them and see whats going on.  Sure doesn't sound right. 

Unfortunately these sudden account closures happened to a lot of people while you were away for several months, mostly in October, November and December, and also happened to people within the last couple of months as well.

The OP"s post here about closure happened just last month.

There are many more threads related to it.  People have had longstanding Comenity cards shut down suddenly as well as newer cards. A number of people were shut down who were just approved for the card 3 months prior. And these are people with 700-760 FICO scores who use the cards and have perfect payment histories on the cards.

While some people had excessive inquiries, a few also had only one or two Comenity cards and no recent inquiries, and were shut down.

Those who were shut down reported a solid payment history with the cards, and most did PIF monthly. There is no option for them to reopen the cards. It's disconcerting. Smiley Sad

Only thing to do is to work with our own accounts the best we can and hope for the best. Smiley Happy

I cannot wait to get rid of Comenity 100% in 2017 as a result of all the things they have been doing to others. I don't need a lender that does these things.

Message 153 of 158
WEShinego
Established Member

For what it's worth, this isn't the first time in history that Comenity has functioned this way. During the credit crunch that followed the subprime housing crisis in 2007, Comenity closed or severely restricted many credit lines that were either idle or "at risk." I remember reviewing my ex-girlfriend credit report--which was pristine--around 2013 and asking her about the wave of store card closures from 2007-2008. She'd never so much as missed a payment or carried a balance, but her status as a graduate student and her low income prompted Comenity to close all of her accounts.

Comenity probably anticipates another recession and is attempting to offset some risk before customers lose the means to pay down potential debt.
Message 154 of 158
NyaBuksh
Regular Contributor

I hope they don't closed my accounts. I opened a lot of other cards since I got all my Comenity cards (toy limit)

But if they do, do you think it would be for my advantage?

Message 155 of 158
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another related thread that those who have been away from the board for a few months may wish to read to catch up. Unfortunately, there have been quite a number of these situations since October-November.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Comenity-closed-ALL-of-my-accounts/td-p/4354459

Message 156 of 158
Anonymous
Not applicable

3/17, I was mailed what's basically an interest hike letter. I have the Lexus card which was originally issued by Lexus Financial at 14.99%. Comenity is going to a 3 tier interest rate with this card, 14.24%, 18.24% and 23.24%. Instead of lowering mine to they are choosing to raise it to the 18.24%. I might be replacing it with a Discover or if I can, PC to a Virgin America I"ll do that.
Message 157 of 158
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
3/17, I was mailed what's basically an interest hike letter. I have the Lexus card which was originally issued by Lexus Financial at 14.99%. Comenity is going to a 3 tier interest rate with this card, 14.24%, 18.24% and 23.24%. Instead of lowering mine to they are choosing to raise it to the 18.24%. I might be replacing it with a Discover or if I can, PC to a Virgin America I"ll do that.

Thank you for letting us know. Raising the interest rate - and by quite a bit (more than 3% jump)? Thank you for being a great customer. Comenity is unfortunately really doing a number of customer-unfriendly things. Smiley Sad

Message 158 of 158
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.