rep said they do not do reconsiderations

also said human beings do not have any power that it is all electronic

suggestions?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Just spoke to Target back door number regarding RECON

Looking back on it, I regret apping for Target. Fifteen months later, I'm still stuck at $200. Assuming best case scenario, it will only go to $500 or $1000. There's better out there.
Message 2 of 11
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

I just called them today to see if they would raise my CL from the $300 I have had since I opened the card in October.  (I know it has not been long but I thought I had nothing to lose by trying.)

There was a recording saying that they are not now granting credit line increases at all.

I didn't believe that and I called again, this time requesting a human being to ask.  She read a script saying that they are not considering cardholder requests for CLIs, but that they periodically review for them.

She had so much trouble reading the big words in the script (foreign language speaker) that I felt sorry for her and didn't argue, knowing she would not be able to do anything to change their rule anyway, and I thanked her politely for her time.

Regular Contributor

Target showed me love last month. I opened the acct in October with a $200 cl. When I opened my statement in January, I discovered they'd given me an automatic cli and now my limit is $500.  I had been using the card.  My highest balance was $81, but I'd never pif, just more than the minimum. I'm so grateful because Macy's hates me and won't move me from $100.  Nice to know someone appreciates my business, esp. since I shop at Target a lot.I hadn't been using the card as much as I go there b/c I wanted to keep my utility low. I'm hoping that Target will increas again in a few months.  But all this to say that they do independent acct reviews. Maybe best to wait it out in this credit environment. 
11/2013 FICO: 517 (TU), 560 (EX), 539 (EQ)
11/2013 FAKO: 593 (TU), 591 (EX), 595 (EQ)
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RichieNY wrote:

suggestions?

That's the way they've always been.
Message 5 of 11
moondog7324
Frequent Contributor

I got re-com after my fourth attempt.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are these CL's for the Target store card or their VISA? My bf is considering apping with them to try for the Visa, but I might advise him against it if it really won't grow with him...
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RichieNY wrote:

suggestions?

I'd seriously consider applying for some other card....Target is the only card I regret getting and I was given the $5000 CL Visa right off the bat.   I almost never use it...definitely can't carry any kind of balance on it and of course never going to have any BT offers!  Even Cap One is better.  Save your app and inquiry for a better card....Wish I had!!!!
Message 8 of 11
MojaveMoon
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@RichieNY wrote:

suggestions?

I'd seriously consider applying for some other card....Target is the only card I regret getting and I was given the $5000 CL Visa right off the bat.   I almost never use it...definitely can't carry any kind of balance on it and of course never going to have any BT offers!  Even Cap One is better.  Save your app and inquiry for a better card....Wish I had!!!!

I agree completely. By far the worst aspect of this card is the customer service -- over the years more and more of it is handled offshore, and over time the language barrier keeps getting worse and worse. I say to myself, if I ever encountered any fraudulent charges on this account, would I want it handled by a customer service department where most of the time there's a huge communication and language barrier ?

About the only scenario where I can see someone getting a lot of value out of this card is if you have a family of Target shoppers and one or more of the family members is an authorized user (purchases by AUs earn Target rewards points).
Message 9 of 11
oracles
Valued Contributor

I've post this before, I think if you go on to the website and ask for a cli ( send an email) due to low limit and not having enough to really use the card, you may be able to get a cli.

I know of another contributor stating they did this, but we don't know if it truly was because of the email sent or just an auto cli. YMMV

Keep us updated if anyone tries to do this

Message Edited by oracles on 02-09-2009 01:12 PM
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.