Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just told US Bank goodbye!

tag
patrick00032001
Regular Contributor

Re: Just told US Bank goodbye!

Ok, let this happen to you, and I promise you, you will take it personal, anyone would, again, love how people try to justify that its ok, when its not them. I have sat back and watched the posts pour in for well over 3 years covering this exact same subject, and never once told someone its just business or get over it basically, how about not saying anything at all if you can't be semi constructive about other members posts, with that said, Im moving forward with my credit journey.

Discover IT $32,500, Chase Freedom $1,000.00, Sears Mastercard $10,000, Wal-Mart DC $10,000.00, Kohl's $3,000.00, Chase Slate $52,000.00, 3 Rivers FCU Platinum Mastercard $25,000.00, IU Credit Union $25,000.00, Penfed LOC $25,000.00, Fort Financial CU $15,000.00, Home Depot $22,000.00, Lowe's $20,000.00, Penfed Power Cash Rewards $25,000.00, PenFed Travel Amex $25,000.00, Value City Furniture $10,000.00, PNC Points Visa Signature $15,000.00, GM Buy Power card $5,000.00, BOA 123 Visa Siggy, $62,000.00, Citi DC $15,000.00, GM Extended Family $3,000.00, Fire, Police, City, County, FCU $10,000.00, TU 791, Eq 765, Exp 772

Message 41 of 91
mikelo22
Established Contributor

@patrick00032001 wrote:

Ok, let this happen to you, and I promise you, you will take it personal, anyone would, again, love how people try to justify that its ok, when its not them. I have sat back and watched the posts pour in for well over 3 years covering this exact same subject, and never once told someone its just business or get over it basically, how about not saying anything at all if you can't be semi constructive about other members posts, with that said, Im moving forward with my credit journey.

I wholeheartedly agree with you on this. It's not credit line decrease that would upset me so much as the complete lack of courtesy to even notify you or warn you. Very, very unprofessional. It would be reason enough to cut my ties as well. We can always take our business elsewhere and speak with our wallet.

Message 42 of 91
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@yfan wrote:

@patrick00032001 wrote:

No, total credit utilization accross all my cards is 1%, I always let 2 revolving trade lines report to help boost my scores, when I let them all report a 0 balance with the exception of my installment loans (Mortgage) (car loan) ect, my scores drop between 10-20 points! Im telling you, they had no real grounds for this, even the girl I spoke with in investigations said, I can see you keep your balances low, but you have opened some new accounts, thats when I blew my lid with her. I can't rationalize with someone who can't think passed what their computer is telling them! Thats my whole point with these bigger banks, there is no personal relationship, just scripted talk and a computer doing the thinking for them, its sad.

Yet you have done business with big banks just fine. Up until now, you have done business with US Bank. You continue to do business with banks that are even bigger or just as big, including Chase, American Express, and Citi. Why? Because you find the business relationship - the one based on scripted talk and computer doing the thinking - beneficial to you. And there is nothing wrong with that. But I doubt you complain that the process is too impersonal when an automated computer system approves or CLIs you to 5-digit credit limits. It's only when the computer differs from your self-assessment that bugs you.

And I get that. It would bug me too. It's human. This is human, that is business. I am not saying that you shouldn't be upset. I just think too much energy is expended on taking business decisions personally.

Exactly, two-way street.  In the world of credit and risk, varying portfolio assessments and risk-adjusment attributes dictate thousands of algorithm decisions from day-to-day, it's no surprise this would have happened. 

CLDs are not the end of the world and by admittedly clicking submit, that lovely CCA provides all the information regarding these cyclical changes (including account closures or CLDs without prior notice - all legal).  Annyoing, maybe to some extent for some individuals but not the end of the world.  Often times most people take it personal as a bruising of their ego or pride (especially for some folks who pride themselves with high CLs and diverse CC portfolios).  IMO, this could've been possibly  resolved with another follow up call with the UW group to reinstate those CLs.  Knee-jerk reactions never solve financial issues but seems like the OP has decided to move forward.  Often times most folks forget that it's a loan on plastic (whether you use it or not).  Just business at the end of the day - always plenty of other choices.  IME, no issues with US Bank, even despite opening a few accounts this past year (or the prior year) - no CLDs. 

Message 43 of 91
yfan
Valued Contributor

@patrick00032001 wrote:

Believe it or not, those of us who hold the view that this shouldn't be taken personally ARE offering constructive feedback (or what we view as constructive feedback) - if not about your personal feelings, then in the context of a credit card forum that discusses things that happen in the credit card world. No one has been nasty to you. But I find the idea that everyone who doesn't hold the exact same view as you should refrain from participating in a public thread in a public forum to be in poor taste.

There also seems to be an assumption on your part that everyone saying anything that you don't like has never experienced close to anything you have, when the fact, I suspect, will turn out to the contrary. Not everyone has to react the same way given you situation. And were this to happen to me, I would hope that I would react differently (I may well close the cards, but I wouldn't take it so personaly), and if I didn't, then I would hope that people would tell me exactly what others have told you here: this is business.

Message 44 of 91
starry1
Valued Contributor

This whole thing really has nothing to do with taking things personally.  If a business relationship is not mutually beneficial then its time to move on.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 45 of 91
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@yfan wrote:

@patrick00032001 wrote:

Believe it or not, those of us who hold the view that this shouldn't be taken personally ARE offering constructive feedback (or what we view as constructive feedback) - if not about your personal feelings, then in the context of a credit card forum that discusses things that happen in the credit card world. No one has been nasty to you. But I find the idea that everyone who doesn't hold the exact same view as you should refrain from participating in a public thread in a public forum to be in poor taste.

There also seems to be an assumption on your part that everyone saying anything that you don't like has never experienced close to anything you have, when the fact, I suspect, will turn out to the contrary. Not everyone has to react the same way given you situation. And were this to happen to me, I would hope that I would react differently (I may well close the cards, but I wouldn't take it so personaly), and if I didn't, then I would hope that people would tell me exactly what others have told you here: this is business.

Agree.

Message 46 of 91
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@starry1 wrote:

This whole thing really has nothing to do with taking things personally.  If a business relationship is not mutually beneficial then its time to move on.

I respectully disagree, since the actual thread discerns a pattern of reacting personally based on US Bank's business decision to CLD.

Message 47 of 91
patrick00032001
Regular Contributor

I never said anything about trying to get a credit line increase, I dont need one, my whole argument from the get go was poor service from a company who services my credit card, the truth of the matter is, you shouldnt lower someones credit line with out telling them so, and most people have agreed with me, its very poor taste, I dont think Im the only person on this board whos complained either, whether this subject or any other, but I do command some respect, if you dont agree with what I have to say, by all means, dont post your comment, because lord knows I have seen some wild things on here, and just shake my head, but I also keep it respectful and with out predjudice.

Discover IT $32,500, Chase Freedom $1,000.00, Sears Mastercard $10,000, Wal-Mart DC $10,000.00, Kohl's $3,000.00, Chase Slate $52,000.00, 3 Rivers FCU Platinum Mastercard $25,000.00, IU Credit Union $25,000.00, Penfed LOC $25,000.00, Fort Financial CU $15,000.00, Home Depot $22,000.00, Lowe's $20,000.00, Penfed Power Cash Rewards $25,000.00, PenFed Travel Amex $25,000.00, Value City Furniture $10,000.00, PNC Points Visa Signature $15,000.00, GM Buy Power card $5,000.00, BOA 123 Visa Siggy, $62,000.00, Citi DC $15,000.00, GM Extended Family $3,000.00, Fire, Police, City, County, FCU $10,000.00, TU 791, Eq 765, Exp 772

Message 48 of 91
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

@Membersince2013 wrote:
I see your frustration, but with all due respect, I'm pretty sure she could care less about everything you said. When dealing with credit service reps or analysts, you kind of don't have any leverage. There will be 1000 more people to replace you. After my Comenity experience I've learned to be more polite when dealing with CSRs AND CAs. They're just doing their job. Most of the time, the computer does slash you limit..

My experience is the opposite....when dealing with senior CA's they are doing their job, yes, but they also have the ability to reverse these automated decisions (Except CITI). I would have requested it a bit more politely however, no offense but I have gotten nowhere with bad manners. Remember there is a person on the other end of the line, someone's wife, husband, mother, or father.

AkAir $50k | Marriott $65k | Local CU $8k
TU: 770 / EQ: 748 / EX: 769
Message 49 of 91
patrick00032001
Regular Contributor

It was the way she said it to me, like I had done something wrong, thats why I took offense, I am someones son, brother, uncle, best friend so on, we all are, but dont treat me like I have done something horribly wrong, thats why I reacted the way I did, again, scripted, programmed, and totally unprofessional.

Message 50 of 91
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.